• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

16 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

The only way I can make this make any sense is that you buy into the liberal narrative that people that don’t agree with them are simply oppressive and full of hate.

Bummer.  There is a whole real world out there you are missing.

Again: I grew up in a VERY conservative family, went to a Christian school for 12 years, have many, many uncles and aunts who are rabidly conservative (including Trump supporters, 2nd Amendment fans, etc.).  I am well aware of historical and present-day conservative beliefs and stances.  I'm not missing anything.  I've simply decided that I don't agree with most of the conservative worldview.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Again: I grew up in a VERY conservative family, went to a Christian school for 12 years, have many, many uncles and aunts who are rabidly conservative (including Trump supporters, 2nd Amendment fans, etc.).  I am well aware of historical and present-day conservative beliefs and stances.  I'm not missing anything.  I've simply decided that I don't agree with most of the conservative worldview.

There is a big difference between disagreeing with conservative views and patently saying conservative views routinely categorize groups of people as less valuable.

It is frustrating to hear when the core of many conservative viewpoints is that everyone is valuable.

I think there are some really crappy and ignorant people who happen to call themselves conservative.  However I think actual conservatives both value people highly and also have some basic standards for what they expect from others.

And that is the furthest thing from marginalizing or hating.

Edited by Dtwncbad

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

There is a big difference between disagreeing with conservative views and patently saying conservative views routinely categorize groups of people as less valuable.

It is frustrating to hear when the core of many conservative viewpoints is that everyone is valuable.

I think there are some really crappy and ignorant people who happen to call themselves conservative.  However I think actual conservatives both value people highly and also have some basic standards for what they expect from others.

And that is the furthest thing from marginalizing or hating.

...except gay people when they want to marry.  Or trans people when they want to go to a certain bathroom.  Or a woman who wants to lead worship in church (obviously, that one only applies to certain denominations). Etc.

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

...except gay people when they want to marry.  Or trans people when they want to go to a certain bathroom.  Or a woman who wants to lead worship in church (obviously, that one only applies to certain denominations). Etc.

Thank you sincerely for this last response.  It makes it very easy to see the way you (and so many others) conveniently categorize other viewpoints as rooted in cruelty or hate.

Unfortunately, this is more or less the deliberate work of liberal politicians that know if they have you think this way, they own your vote forever.

And the irony is this is mean and cruel to jerk people’s emotions for power.

Edited by Dtwncbad

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Thank you sincerely for this last response.  It makes it very easy to see the way you (and so many others) conveniently categorize other viewpoints as rooted in cruelty or hate.

Unfortunately, this is more or less the deliberate work of liberal politicians that know if they have you think this way, they own your vote forever.

I mean, there's really no other way to look at it when it comes to something like gay marriage, which literally doesn't impact anyone other than the couple getting married in any way--yet many conservatives argue against it. 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I mean, there's really no other way to look at it when it comes to something like gay marriage, which literally doesn't impact anyone other than the couple getting married in any way--yet many conservatives argue against it. 

I’m not against it. They can marry. Just don’t push their lifestyles on others. 

14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You misunderstand a gigantic slice of conservatives.

I personally hate changing the meanings of words.  I would strongly prefer to have “conserved” the meaning of the word marriage to mean a union between a man and a woman.  That has nothing to do with denying gay people a right to formally commit to each other.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You misunderstand a gigantic slice of conservatives.

I personally hate changing the meanings of words.  I would strongly prefer to have “conserved” the meaning of the word marriage to mean a union between a man and a woman.  That has nothing to do with denying gay people a right to formally commit to each other.

Cool.  Separate but equal.

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Cool.  Separate but equal.

Yes we have many different words.  That shouldn’t be offensive.

Although we now clearly see how the left wants to make words meaningless like calling men women and vice versa.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes we have many different words.  That shouldn’t be offensive.

Although we now clearly see how the left wants to make words meaningless like calling men women and vice versa.

Like calling abortion murder.

1 minute ago, St1ck said:

Like calling abortion murder.

This is a nice little try.

Except when people try to pretend that abortion is not killing an innocent human.

I would never pretend that two gay people committing to each other is something different from what actually happens in the ceremony.

17 minutes ago, cals said:

Is it ok if they try to push it on an internet message board?

Hell I don’t hate the person but I disagree with the lifestyle. That’s the main problem with the LGBt movement. I can separate the individual from their actions. Hell I recommended a gay dude for promotion before I retired. He deserved the promotion. That said I would never endorse his lifestyle and the dude had all kinds of health and relationship issues. That’s been a constant with my experience dealing with gay marriages. I’ve probably met two dozen from both sexes and all ended in divorce or consistently had domestic issues. Marriage is hard and often unsuccessful as the Bible defined it. Not saying there isn’t any happily married gay couples of 30 years but I sure haven’t met any. 

Edited by Kotchman

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

This is a nice little try.

Except when people try to pretend that abortion is not killing an innocent human.

I would never pretend that two gay people committing to each other is something different from what actually happens in the ceremony.

So should a woman that has had an abortion be thrown in prison?

1 minute ago, St1ck said:

Can't answer can you?

And not drunk but will be soon enough.

I am honestly baffled at your laser focus on prison on the subject.  You have brought it up a few times now.

I am a realist, and I already was pretty clear.  Abortions have been around forever and they will certainly be around legally here in the US.

My personal feelings is it is wrong and gross and it should be the very last resort that happens very rarely.

I don’t know how prison gets into this sharing of opinions on it.

Edited by Dtwncbad

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

I am honestly baffled at your laser focus on prison on the subject.  You have brought it up a few times now.

Because you guys called it murder. Is murder not a crime worthy of imprisonment? 

2 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Because you guys called it murder. Is murder not a crime worthy of imprisonment? 

Every murder results in someone being prosecuted?  You honestly don’t think there are murders that cannot he prosecuted?

Edited by Dtwncbad

2 minutes ago, St1ck said:

No but it should.

I truthfully am not sure what you are chasing.

People who call it murder are probably doing so to bring direct attention to the horror of the baby getting slaughtered, rather than glossing over this reality.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

I truthfully am not sure what you are chasing.

People who call it murder are probably doing so to bring direct attention to the horror of the baby getting slaughtered, rather than glossing over this reality.

So not just murder but slaughtering? Surely that should warrant some sort of legal action.