• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

3 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I respect his dedication to his view. It's too bad how ignorant it is though.

One of the biggest steps towards tyranny is disarming the population. A defenseless population is an easily controlled one.

Have you watched anything related to the US military weapons systems on how effective it is taking out targets? 

Billy Bob survivalist/defender of the constitution is not lasting a week when the supposed uprising begins because the idiot is outgunned from minute one and has no where he can hide. 

Guns are sold to make gun manufacturing profitable. They really don't give a shit if you are shooting tin cans, students in hallways, Senators at shopping malls or waging a war against the republic. They want your money and will nod their head about your militia rights even though they know your little uprising will last five days then they burn down your barn you are hiding in. 

Meanwhile we will watch it on CNN and Fansince will claim you screamed Islamic phrases and the death toll will start at 140 but when they sift through the burnt manure and leftover unspent. 223 shells it will only be 2 of you since Brian said, Fuck this, and went back to print shop because he wasn't  that much of a tea partier in the first place. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Have you watched anything related to the US military weapons systems on how effective it is taking out targets? 

Billy Bob survivalist/defender of the constitution is not lasting a week when the supposed uprising begins because the idiot is outgunned from minute one and has no where he can hide. 

Guns are sold to make gun manufacturing profitable. They really don't give a shit if you are shooting tin cans, students in hallways, Senators at shopping malls or waging a war against the republic. They want your money and will nod their head about your militia rights even though they know your little uprising will last five days then they burn down your barn you are hiding in. 

Meanwhile we will watch it on CNN and Fansince will claim you screamed Islamic phrases and the death toll will start at 140 but when they sift through the burnt manure and leftover unspent. 223 shells it will only be 2 of you since Brian said, Fuck this, and went back to print shop because he wasn't  that much of a tea partier in the first place. 

I use mine as protection against everyday thugs and pieces of shit that would do me or my family harm. I know that my little collection isn’t going to do shit against governmental powers. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

In all seriousness, are you ok with only those in positions of authority over us having weapons?

I've always felt it would be dangerous to have the government be the only one who has access to guns. 

At the same time, countries like Australia, who have banned a lot of guns, have not caused a lot of problems for their citizens (that i am aware of). As far as tyranny goes, it seems to be absent. So is our fear founded or unfounded?

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I've always felt it would be dangerous to have the government be the only one who has access to guns. 

At the same time, countries like Australia, who have banned a lot of guns, have not caused a lot of problems for their citizens (that i am aware of). As far as tyranny goes, it seems to be absent. So is our fear founded or unfounded?

Do you believe you could unarm this country without massive bloodshed?  I don't.  We have complete different history than Australia.

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Guns are banned in Mexico and Venezuela also.  It's working out well for them.  

3 hours ago, Jason said:

In all seriousness, are you ok with only those in positions of authority over us having weapons?

in all seriousness, i don't really have a huge concern about it. i'm a lot more concerned/worried about armed citizens who mean to do harm. statistically, that's a far, FAR more likely scenario for any of us to face than a gov't gone off the rails. just look at all of the shootings at schools, or in chicago each day, or just in general. gun violence is all around us, and it's going to affect all of us at some point with the way things are going. people are so angry over an abundance of things, and with the ease of availability of guns, they see a quick way to address their grievances. this is a daily problem, and it's an enormous national problem that just keeps getting shoved along with no real solutions being put into play. how long until it affects you or me or any of us here? we haven't had to seriously worry about the gov't coming after us nationally since what, the 1860s?

7 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Do you believe you could unarm this country without massive bloodshed?  I don't.  We have complete different history than Australia.

No. I've already  said we can't in a different thread. It's too late for that and I believe in some aspects of the second amendment. 

My question was is the fears of tyranny fouded or unfouded. All I asked. 

7 hours ago, Kevin said:

It’s happened many time in various cultures throughout history. Seems like a very unlikely scenario but there is a lot of precedent for it. 

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Guns are banned in Mexico and Venezuela also.  It's working out well for them.  

So we are shithole countries like them? 

I thought we compared better to Australia but if you say so. 

All my question was is our fear of a tyrannical government more real or over imagined based off of  Australia (and other first world countries) not being tyrannical to their citizens with their gun laws. 

6 hours ago, Tank said:

in all seriousness, i don't really have a huge concern about it. i'm a lot more concerned/worried about armed citizens who mean to do harm. statistically, that's a far, FAR more likely scenario for any of us to face than a gov't gone off the rails. just look at all of the shootings at schools, or in chicago each day, or just in general. gun violence is all around us, and it's going to affect all of us at some point with the way things are going. people are so angry over an abundance of things, and with the ease of availability of guns, they see a quick way to address their grievances. this is a daily problem, and it's an enormous national problem that just keeps getting shoved along with no real solutions being put into play. how long until it affects you or me or any of us here? we haven't had to seriously worry about the gov't coming after us nationally since what, the 1860s?

Agreed. This is why I got a permit and carry a gun. Some stupid idiot could do something that puts my life or my family’s in jeopardy. Personally, I don’t want to be the victim and choose this method as my self defense. I recommend all my friends to do the same

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It’s happened many time in various cultures throughout history. Seems like a very unlikely scenario but there is a lot of precedent for it. 

You're definitely right. Although context helps to know which countries and cultures and how they compare to our situation. 

I'm cool with handguns and hunting rifles. Even though I've had fun shooting AR's, don't see the need for them. Talking about precedent, our attitude towards the situation shows us nothing will be done. We'll eventually revisit the topic next time. 

31 minutes ago, Kevin said:

You're definitely right. Although context helps to know which countries and cultures and how they compare to our situation. 

I'm cool with handguns and hunting rifles. Even though I've had fun shooting AR's, don't see the need for them. Talking about precedent, our attitude towards the situation shows us nothing will be done. We'll eventually revisit the topic next time. 

What if you decide one day to buy a gun for home protection? Should you just get the same gun your buddy or the gun dealer tells you to get? What if you suck shooting a pistol but shoot an AR15 really well? You should probably get whatever you are comfortable with and shoot well. I get the AR looks nefarious and gets a lot of negative press when shootings like this happen. With that said, they are used in only a very small portion of murders and crimes committed in this country. If the left wants to go after guns they should be focusing on banning handguns.

I can definitely attest to the fact I suck with a hand gun as opposed to a rifle, although more practice could help. 

Having said that, if I want to protect myself in public from a potential mass shooting and I suck or am not comfortable with a hand gun, what do I do? Carry my AR around? Kind of defeats the purpose. My personal opinion Jason, and no offense intended, it seems like there are always excuses. Maybe some are valid. I don't know. 

47 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I can definitely attest to the fact I suck with a hand gun as opposed to a rifle, although more practice could help. 

Having said that, if I want to protect myself in public from a potential mass shooting and I suck or am not comfortable with a hand gun, what do I do? Carry my AR around? Kind of defeats the purpose. My personal opinion Jason, and no offense intended, it seems like there are always excuses. Maybe some are valid. I don't know. 

I’m not trying to make an excuse. It was a response to your comment that nobody “needs” and AR. They can serve a legitimate purpose. I was specifically referring to self defense of your home. In public you’re pretty much limited in what you can conceal. 

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

Unless they use it for hunting or self defense. I consider those uses practical. Many people shoot them competitively too.  

if you're using a semi-automatic military grade weapon to bag a deer, perhaps hunting isn't the best option for you. it's like using a tennis racket to play ping pong.

Edited by Tank

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I’m not trying to make an excuse. It was a response to your comment that nobody “needs” and AR. They can serve a legitimate purpose. I was specifically referring to self defense of your home. In public you’re pretty much limited in what you can conceal. 

I'm guessing if you talk to professionals the idea of using an AR for self defense in your house is stupid. Shotgun (spread) or handgun (smaller weapon that won't get stuck by walls and quick to aim) would be more appropriate.

21 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

You would be about the only one.  No way the alcohol industry or the firearm industry allow it.

Eh...I'd be OK with banning alcohol if it meant banning guns.

It would be self-defeating for me. I don't drink much (I still have a bottle of vodka in my fridge from two years ago), but I would lose places to play poker.

So I'd be FOR banning alcohol if it meant banning guns AND online poker was allowed.