• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

33 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You need to go back to seminary if you really believe any of those stories are justification for war today.

I’m not defending every military action as a God endorsed act. I’m saying the formation of America and it’s military were certainly Divine intervention in my opinion and the opinions of the majority of our founders. Of course, none of those men were blessed with the wisdom of the aw political forum 

Edited by Kotchman

On 4/8/2022 at 5:21 PM, Kotchman said:

I’m not defending every military action as a God endorsed act. I’m saying the formation of America and it’s military were certainly Divine intervention in my opinion and the opinions of the majority of our founders. Of course, none of those men were blessed with the wisdom of the aw political forum 

If the formation of our country was divine intervention then so was the formation of our abortion laws.

On 4/8/2022 at 7:14 AM, Kotchman said:

I disagree. There are plenty of Biblical examples of Gods willingness to call for the military destruction of the wicked. 

Old testament is an angry God. Makes you think it was written by man with an agenda. 

44 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If the formation of our country was divine intervention then so was the formation of our abortion laws.

I mean you could go read the writings of the Founders and Framers and their thoughts on the American revolution or you can continue to spew revisionist history. 

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Old testament is an angry God. Makes you think it was written by man with an agenda. 

Or maybe serves as a reminder that while Jesus saves he’s not opposed to condemning evil. It’s something America and parents forget nowadays 

5 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Or maybe serves as a reminder that while Jesus saves he’s not opposed to condemning evil. It’s something America and parents forget nowadays 

I think you forget Jesus wasn't part of the Old Testament.

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think you forget Jesus wasn't part of the Old Testament.

Not at all. My point was God sent Jesus to save but  he will ultimately destroy the wicked as well. The means of destruction will change but the Old Testament is a reminder that God doesn’t tolerate evil. He offers salvation with the NT but he didn’t change right and wrong. It’s really sad to see people, churches , and the Nation openly endorse stealing , murder ,and  perverting our kids. It doesn’t paint a bright picture for the future. 

2 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Not at all. My point was God sent Jesus to save but  he will ultimately destroy the wicked as well. The means of destruction will change but the Old Testament is a reminder that God doesn’t tolerate evil. He offers salvation with the NT but he didn’t change right and wrong. It’s really sad to see people, churches , and the Nation openly endorse stealing , murder ,and  perverting our kids. It doesn’t paint a bright picture for the future. 

That was 2,000 years ago. Is God just being lazy about punishing those wicked people? Because there has been a lot of genocide of people of all faiths and non believers since then.

Seems to me he's like an absentee father after knocking up his baby momma Mary. Never around, doesn't pay any child support then his kid gets radicalized, causes a ruckus by vandalizing a synagogue, starts a cult, hangs out with prostitutes and outcasts and ends up getting the death penalty. 

Not looking too well thought out of a plan. 

31 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That was 2,000 years ago. Is God just being lazy about punishing those wicked people? Because there has been a lot of genocide of people of all faiths and non believers since then.

Seems to me he's like an absentee father after knocking up his baby momma Mary. Never around, doesn't pay any child support then his kid gets radicalized, causes a ruckus by vandalizing a synagogue, starts a cult, hangs out with prostitutes and outcasts and ends up getting the death penalty. 

Not looking too well thought out of a plan. 

I mean you’ll have the opportunity to voice your critique  someday. 

10 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Right and wrong?  How right has the US been in history?  How often have we been involved in wars and espionage that have killed multiple civilians?  How many times has our meddling in other countries have resulted in things being much  worse?  

The US is a country, it isn't borders that make right and wrong, it is people.  The history of Israel is awesome and it points us to our need for God and gives us examples to follow and not follow.  But for goodness sakes, don't equate the US with Israel or make it out to be some God led nation, because it just isn't.

The promises God gave to Israel are now promised to the Church, not a country.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Right and wrong?  How right has the US been in history?  How often have we been involved in wars and espionage that have killed multiple civilians?  How many times has our meddling in other countries have resulted in things being much  worse?  

The US is a country, it isn't borders that make right and wrong, it is people.  The history of Israel is awesome and it points us to our need for God and gives us examples to follow and not follow.  But for goodness sakes, don't equate the US with Israel or make it out to be some God led nation, because it just isn't.

The promises God gave to Israel are now promised to the Church, not a country.

Nobody said every America is perfect.  What I said is I believe and a a high percentage of our founders believed God had a hand in our formation. I mean God didn’t have a hand in delivering European Christians to America? He didn’t intervene to allow a bunch of peasants to defeat the British Empire? 
Don’t confuse Divine Intervention in our formation as every American is a saint without sin. Like Israel , America rose and will fall with its decline in morality. You guys really need to lay off the history channel and go read the documents and writings of the founders. 

9 hours ago, Kotchman said:

I mean you’ll have the opportunity to voice your critique  someday. 

I think I just did.

40 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Nobody said every America is perfect.  What I said is I believe and a a high percentage of our founders believed God had a hand in our formation. I mean God didn’t have a hand in delivering European Christians to America? He didn’t intervene to allow a bunch of peasants to defeat the British Empire? 
Don’t confuse Divine Intervention in our formation as every American is a saint without sin. Like Israel , America rose and will fall with its decline in morality. You guys really need to lay off the history channel and go read the documents and writings of the founders. 

Supreme being and ruler of all the celestials, you'd think if God were actually to step in with Devine intervention to form a new nation it wouldn't crumble into such a level of corruption of body politic in such a short time period.

He is either really crappy at nation building or, as more astute scholars would surmise, like the building blocks of science allow for the invention of nuclear weapons and rockets to deploy them, the constitution of the United States was conceived by men with their understanding of all governmental failures that proceeded and did their best to create a more equitable government to service the masses.

In the end these framers of the constitution only created a little better looking platypus. A platypus that dropped the only nuclear bombs ever used on two large cities full of civilians and not military targets. That's not very godlike. 

36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think I just did.

Supreme being and ruler of all the celestials, you'd think if God were actually to step in with Devine intervention to form a new nation it wouldn't crumble into such a level of corruption of body politic in such a short time period.

He is either really crappy at nation building or, as more astute scholars would surmise, like the building blocks of science allow for the invention of nuclear weapons and rockets to deploy them, the constitution of the United States was conceived by men with their understanding of all governmental failures that proceeded and did their best to create a more equitable government to service the masses.

In the end these framers of the constitution only created a little better looking platypus. A platypus that dropped the only nuclear bombs ever used on two large cities full of civilians and not military targets. That's not very godlike. 

Of course America falls short of perfection. It’s also  most benevolent nation in history. Your sentiments also mirror the tdawgs and Taylors of aw. This gets back to my other point about modern day so called moderates. Most are simply libs with less courage. If America truly had a significant moderate population, Biden isn’t President  and boys aren’t winning women’s swimming titles.  

16 hours ago, St1ck said:

Oops

From CNN: Twitter CEO: Elon Musk will not join Twitter board
Twitter CEO: Elon Musk will not join Twitter board

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/11/tech/elon-musk-twitter-board/index.html

A requirement of joining the board was capping ownership at 14.9%. 

Speculation mounts that Musk IS planning hostile take-over of Twitter after he filed amended SEC paperwork indicating he will criticize the firm and demand change

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10706401/Elon-Musk-NOT-join-board-Twitter-CEO-says-believe-best.html

33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Your post addressed nothing. 

Your argument seems to be with God’s decision making capabilities. Our religious founding is well documented.  Your perception of Gods shortcomings is just a general lack of comprehension on your part.