• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Bernie also couldn't convince black people to vote for him.  That is a pretty big base of the democratic party, especially in those early southern states.  Even late when Bernie absolutely needed a win in California, he couldn't pull it off.  Was this the fault of a rigged DNC or simply the candidate wasn't good enough?

It doesn't matter. The DNC isn't supposed to back one candidate over another. 

It's not their decision to make.  That's why we have elections, so the people can decide. 

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

1 minute ago, Lou said:

What the hell are you talking about? 

In Republican controlled states (Republican governors and congress) they gerrymander and come up with restrictive voter ID laws that significantly favor their voters.

Or are you new to this whole process?

Edited by nate

2 minutes ago, nate said:

We don't vote federally, we vote as states, hence the electoral college.

We should vote federally though, then your ball washer would have lost by 3 million votes.

Someone is salty still.

Do you realize how incredibly easy it is for a non citizen to vote in California?

Federal voter ID laws should definitely be a thing.

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Someone is salty still.

Do you realize how incredibly easy it is for a non citizen to vote in California?

Federal voter ID laws should definitely be a thing.

Lol, do you get all your news from Russian trolls?

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/26/trump-says-illegal-votes-cost-him-california-heres-why-thats-preposterous/

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

It's not their decision to make.  That's why we have elections, so the people can decide. 

I hate it too, but sadly the DNC is a private organization, so can't they do pretty much whatever the hell they want?

Bernie could have beat Hillary by a 10 to 1 margin, and they could still pick Hillary as their candidate and probably still be just as powerful.

2 hours ago, nate said:

Primaries are dumb, just need to switch to a popular vote and ditch primaries all together.

imagine your november ballot with all 17 repubs on it from last year, plus the usual assortment of people you've never heard of. your ballot would be six pages long and no one would win enough electoral votes to win the election.

and no, ditching the EC is not the answer, either.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

imagine your november ballot with all 17 repubs on it from last year, plus the usual assortment of people you've never heard of. your ballot would be six pages long and no one would win enough electoral votes to win the election.

and no, ditching the EC is not the answer, either.

You would still only end up with a couple candidates in the end as they all run out of money due to lack of support.

All the EC does is give rural parts of the country an uneven piece of the vote.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

The people, in this case democrat voters, decided to back Clinton.  She had the most votes.  Super delegates didn't decide the democratic primary.  

I understand the concept of the EC but at the same time 40 of the 45 presidents have won both the popular vote and the EC. Seems like going with the popular vote  could be a good gamble. It's funny when CA or AL go red or blue with 1% of the vote counted. I understand why people feel like their presidential vote doesn't matter in a lot of states.

Disagree with getting getting rid of primaries but would suggest they make the election season a lot shorter. We need a hockey type of primary and not baseball. 

4 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The EC is a defense against group think.

It's not a coincidence that all the big cities are blue. The EC is there for a very good reason.

Then I'm good with letting Iowa, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado and maybe a few others deciding and the rest of us can sit home and watch Fox or MSNBC have meltdowns for our enjoyment. 

40 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The EC is a defense against group think.

It's not a coincidence that all the big cities are blue. The EC is there for a very good reason.

right, i'm sure there is more "diversity of opinion" across the bible belt or the midwest than there is across los angeles or new york's 10's of millions of citizens.  no, no, there's no "group think" happening outside of these hotbeds of "liberal elitism".  give me a fucking break. 

42 minutes ago, well_red said:

right, i'm sure there is more "diversity of opinion" across the bible belt or the midwest than there is across los angeles or new york's 10's of millions of citizens.  no, no, there's no "group think" happening outside of these hotbeds of "liberal elitism".  give me a fucking break. 

All you have to do is set one foot in any big city university wearing a MAGA hat and you'll see how diverse the opinions are.

I'm glad you can see the truth!

4 hours ago, nate said:

Lol

Actually, the US and Canada have similar voter ID laws.  Canada just requires something that has your name on it like a library card or health insurance cards, etc.  Alabama on the other hand only accepts a couple different kinds of government ID.

I love images like that, gets simple minded morons all excited.

You certainly do sound excited.

20 hours ago, nate said:

In Republican controlled states (Republican governors and congress) they gerrymander and come up with restrictive voter ID laws that significantly favor their voters.

Or are you new to this whole process?

I’m confused on what a restrictive voter ID law is. Is it difficult to get an ID in most states?

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m confused on what a restrictive voter ID law is. Is it difficult to get an ID in most states?

You missed it where after they passed the voter ID law they closed the ID card offices in all counties with a >75% black population which makes it almost impossible for low income people without a car to get an ID card.

It sucks but I think we're going to have to move in a direction where people have some form of physical/online identification that is impossible to spoof by third parties. Social security numbers aren't exactly going to cut it. It's rather repugnant but I see little choice moving into a digital world. 2016 proved that this should apply to voting as well as it's only a matter of time until malicious parties try to commit widespread voter fraud. That'd being said what the Republicans have done with voter id laws is pure political shenanigans. Any level of government cannot make it arduous to participate in voting.

9 minutes ago, nate said:

You missed it where after they passed the voter ID law they closed the ID card offices in all counties with a >75% black population which makes it almost impossible for low income people without a car to get an ID card.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2017/12/11/that-viral-story-about-alabama-drivers-license-offices-is-from-2015-and-its-missing-one-key-point/

doesnt sounds like a law but more of an attempt at a lousy backdoor tactic.