• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

5 hours ago, nate said:

I've read through this article and others linked and for the life of me I can't even figure out what the fuck he is implying, even if it was out of context.  You are going to idealize a historical era that is so far removed from our current existence that you can't possibly have any relation to the daily life, you live in Alabama and pick fucking pre-Civil War?  Would David Duke wear his bigotry any clearer on his sleeve?  It's not a gaffe he probably thinks black families were better off because they didn't have to trek of and find work and break up that all-important family bond.  

Or maybe he just looks fondly back on a time when 14 year olds were fair game.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yes, but it just shows how dumb and tone deaf this guy is.  He doesn't think that his words aren't going to be parsed?

Honestly, what an embarrassment.  

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Stop. This is not a media issue. An African american asked him the last time America was great and he said back during the times when the country had slavery. 

Blame the media...unfuckingbelievavle. 

I said it was a pretty big gaffe. It was a dumb answer.

That doesn't excuse the media twisting it around to make it even worse.

16 minutes ago, red321 said:

You blamed it on the media and said they made it worse. Anytime you point to America and say it’s slavery period was the gold old days...the answer is wrong. 

Reading comprehension my friend.

I'm saying the media made what he said sound worse than it otherwise would have through shoddy journalism.

17 minutes ago, red321 said:

You blamed it on the media and said they made it worse. Anytime you point to America and say it’s slavery period was the gold old days...the answer is wrong. 

It's OK if you live in a time when the President uses "Pocahontas" as a negative slur against a political opponent during a ceremony honoring Native American veterans.

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Reading comprehension my friend.

I'm saying the media made what he said sound worse than it otherwise would have through shoddy journalism.

No. They didn’t. When you hit rock bottom...you hit rock bottom. 

Now if he had said...well I tell you what, it certainly wasn’t when America had slavery, I’ll tell you that...then you might have a point. 

4 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Jesus dude.

The way I read it at first made it sound like he said America was better back then because we had slavery.

That's how it comes off at first glance, and it's deceptive.

Huh? How do you get that?

Roy Moore......apparently believes America was a better place at a time when slavery was still legal.

At a campaign......an audience member asked Moore for his opinion on when the last time America was "great." Moore responded: "I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction." The individual who asked the question was among the few African-Americans in attendance at the rally..... In stating this, Moore seemingly implied he'd be able to overlook the enslavement of other human beings as long as families are "united,"

32 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

The involuntary manslaughter charge that the jury was read included two key requirements: 1) A crime was committed in the act that caused death;

He was an illegal immigrant in possession of a firearm. The fact that he is in this country is a crime.

2) The defendant acted with "criminal negligence"—he did something that an ordinary person would have known was likely to lead to someone's death

He discharged a firearm resulting in the death of an innocent victim. If you think the gun just accidentally went off then I have a bridge to sell you.

This jury can eat a bag of dicks. At least the feds are pressing charges so this loser will see a decent amount of prison time. I feel terrible for Steinle's family. 

10 hours ago, LHalo said:

Are people truly butthurt about that? I thought it was hilarious. 

Maybe it'll become his thing to loosen up the crowd.  He can refer to a black member of congress as Aunt Jemima at a Martin Luther King Day ceremony.  Or mention how he got jewed out of some money by his cable company at his Hanukah celebration.  Guess I forgot this particular President gets a free pass on being a decent person.  

2 hours ago, well_red said:

Maybe it'll become his thing to loosen up the crowd.  He can refer to a black member of congress as Aunt Jemima at a Martin Luther King Day ceremony.  Or mention how he got jewed out of some money by his cable company at his Hanukah celebration.  Guess I forgot this particular President gets a free pass on being a decent person.  

If a white member of congress pretends she's black in order to be accepted to Harvard she deserves to be called Aunt Jemima.