• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

A family friend sells insurance, he said earthquake insurance is useless because if the kind of earthquake it covers were to occur, everyone would need it, and they wouldn't be able to pay out. It's the same thing that happened with flood insurance in Houston last year.

sounds like a great agent 

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Isn't @Tank a social studies teacher?  I bet his students would upgrade.

being a small private christian school, our kids aren't as aggressive about being sexually active. occasionally we'll have kids that are. last year we had an 8th grader that was 15, and i have no doubt that he and his girlfriend were active to some degree, but they were clearly an exception on our campus.

GB, most of our kids would be scared to death to be sexually active right now. 

35 minutes ago, Tank said:

being a small private christian school, our kids aren't as aggressive about being sexually active. occasionally we'll have kids that are. last year we had an 8th grader that was 15, and i have no doubt that he and his girlfriend were active to some degree, but they were clearly an exception on our campus.

GB, most of our kids would be scared to death to be sexually active right now. 

A 15 y/o in 8th grade ? Did this kid get dropped on his head or some shit  ? 

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

A 15 y/o in 8th grade ? Did this kid get dropped on his head or some shit  ? 

unmotivated student with disinterested parents and poor support at home. he failed at least one year of school. smart kid who wasn't motivated to work and none of the adults at home cared about it enough to step in.

his mom works as a hotel maid or janitor and refused to meet with us last year unless we could accomodate her schedule. she wanted to meet only at 5 am.

36 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

This is not a good post.  

Admittedly, poor form.  My bad. 

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

unmotivated student with disinterested parents and poor support at home. he failed at least one year of school. smart kid who wasn't motivated to work and none of the adults at home cared about it enough to step in.

his mom works as a hotel maid or janitor and refused to meet with us last year unless we could accomodate her schedule. she wanted to meet only at 5 am.

I’m sorry that the kid has a rough situation.  It’s good that your school is giving him a shot. 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m sorry that the kid has a rough situation.  It’s good that your school is giving him a shot. 

he arrived last year and was pissed off for the first month. wouldn't interact with us, didn't do work, high absenteeism. i was SURE he'd be gone by thanksgiving. got in plenty of trouble for lots of small violations. but then he found the love of his life about late october and things started to change in his attitude. he softened considerably in the next few months and started being more engaging with all of us. he was a very charming kid, and he made it the entire year. by june, he was one of us and no longer saw us as the enemy. it took a lot of work on our part to show him we were on his side, and he finally came around.

sadly, he didn't return this year for high school. his parents put him in another school and i hope and pray he'll succeed. he stopped by yesterday to say hello and it was good to see him, something i was confidant i'd never say or feel about him.

20 hours ago, Blarg said:

I wonder how many parents would want her back in their school. I'm sure there would be a line of pimple faced 14 year olds petitioning to at least have her as the home room teacher. 

dori-1f1a.jpg?w=980&q=75

Dick Suck Dori. There is no way she is avoiding that tag.

Now Mr. Jones.  Your kid is failing Social Studies.   It's getting late, so why don't we discuss what steps your kid needs to take to improve his grades at my place.  

At least if movies have taught me anything, that's the way parent teacher conferences would go.

11 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I didn't see any midterm elections thread, so am posting this here.

Andrew Cuomo destroyed Cynthia Nixon in the NY Democratic primary for governor, 66% to 34%.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/09/13/us/elections/results-new-york-primary-elections.html

Cynthia Nixon camp partially blames high turnout for loss

Moments after she castigated spending leading to high voter turnout, Nixon's campaign also blamed New York election laws for low voter turnout. 

Her campaign argued that falling short of the 41-point margin predicted in a recent Siena College poll "would be a major embarrassment and significant under-performance for the two-term incumbent."

"Indeed, were he to fail to hit that margin, it’s fair to assume heads will be spinning in Cuomo Land tonight," her team wrote.

Edited by gotbeer