• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

16 hours ago, Lou said:

it's not limited to your system. it's the same garbage he's been spewing for years, with no actual knowledge of the situation. 

Your experience at any school is more dependent upon the parents involvement in their child's education than the school system itself.

Just taking the initiative to put your child in private school education is a clear indication that the parent has a vested interest and the financial backing to make these commitments.

If private schools were flooded with lower income children, English second language or children with learning dissabilities with parents that don't enforce good study habits the scores at private schools would plummet. 

Basically you are looking at two completely different scross sections of the general population and saying one is superior because of it's test scores while filtering out any reasons why the other can't match up. It's disengenuous. 

16 minutes ago, Adam said:

Friggin white people

Dayum!  She's like a black, dem, female version of Trump:

"Scott is alleged to have referred to Chang as "ching-chang" and "the ching-chong" to multiple voters outside polling precincts during last Tuesday's election. She's also said to have called one of Chang's campaign volunteers an “immigrant,” saying “you don’t belong here” and “I want you out of my country.” 

5 hours ago, Adam said:

It would appear that kids with parents who value education and hold their kids accountable to becoming educated will ultimately have more success than kids that don't regardless of where they go to school. 

This is exactly what I was going to say. If I had to guess, I'd say that, on average, parents who send their kids to private school care more about their kids' education than parents who send their kids to public school. Why? Because if you're willing to pay for something you could get for free, you're going to put a lot more effort into ensuring your kid gets the most out of it.

My older brothers and me all went to public schools, and each of us is now enjoying a successful career where we're using our gifts and education. My parents didn't feel the need to send us to private school, but they definitely had expectations on us that we would try our hardest in school. 

@Tank, what would you say is the biggest predictor of whether a student in one of your classes will excel in school? I'd be surprised if your answer is anything other than the expectations placed on them by their parents. But maybe I'll be surprised. :)

4 hours ago, Rico said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-ice-agent-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-women-using-position-to-silence-them/

RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- A former special agent with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has been arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting two women and using his position to make sure they didn't report the crimes.

Wait, creeps in power positions use that power corruptly?

i am shocked

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

I'd be surprised if your answer is anything other than the expectations placed on them by their parents. But maybe I'll be surprised. :)

well said, although I would add the expectations placed on students by the school is right up there.