• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

4 hours ago, Tank said:

if you're using a semi-automatic military grade weapon to bag a deer, perhaps hunting isn't the best option for you. it's like using a tennis racket to play ping pong.

1. It’s not military grade. Not even close

2. It is not powerful enough for larger game like deer. It’s excellent for coyotes, varments and feral hogs

4 hours ago, red321 said:

I'm guessing if you talk to professionals the idea of using an AR for self defense in your house is stupid. Shotgun (spread) or handgun (smaller weapon that won't get stuck by walls and quick to aim) would be more appropriate.

Nope. A professional will tell you to use what works best for you. Obviously everyone’s needs and situations are different. Pistols require a lot more practice and shotguns can be a little much for smaller people. An AR is easy to use and very customizable 

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Nope. A professional will tell you to use what works best for you. Obviously everyone’s needs and situations are different. Pistols require a lot more practice and shotguns can be a little much for smaller people. An AR is easy to use and very customizable 

That's exactly what I'd say to someone planning a fucking massacre of children if I were setting them up with the weapons that will "work best" for them.

Excellent post.

32 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

That's exactly what I'd say to someone planning a fucking massacre of children if I were setting them up with the weapons that will "work best" for them.

Excellent post.

So you're comparing self defense of your home to massacring children? This sounds like a pointless discussion. 

20 hours ago, Tank said:

my point is that it's overkill for what you're trying to accomplish, like taking an RV to go to 7-11 for a bag of ice.

Actually if anything its round is usually considered too small for bigger game like deer. For military purposes the smallest round that will suffice in combat is highly preferable for logistical purposes. Ammunition when scaled up to large groups takes up a lot of space and is really heavy to carry. While a rifle more commonly used in deer hunting would be likely just as effective if used against groups of people by a single person.

23 hours ago, Jason said:

Unless they use it for hunting or self defense. I consider those uses practical. Many people shoot them competitively too.  

It isn't effective for hunting unless your choice is small game. Any single shot weapon would be as effective and more accurate. You are making excuses for a weapon that was designed for a purpose of sending a lot of ordinance to a target area in a short period of time. 

My grandfather went hunting with three shells and was disgusted with himself if he came back with two empties and only one deer. 

Edited by Blarg

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Actually if anything its round is usually considered too small for bigger game like deer. For military purposes the smallest round that will suffice in combat is highly preferable for logistical purposes. Ammunition when scaled up to large groups takes up a lot of space and is really heavy to carry. While a rifle more commonly used in deer hunting would be likely just as effective if used against groups of people by a single person.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2017/05/07/new-rifle-bigger-bullets-inside-the-army-s-plan-to-ditch-the-m4-and-5-56/

Army hasn't been happy with the 5.56 since Mogadishu. 

By the way, not to take away from the conversation here but there should be so much outrage over this story and yet it is barely getting noted.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/investigations/2018/02/16/medical-college-wisconsin-allowed-doctor-accused-performing-unnecessary-surgery-treat-patients-3-yea/342295002/?hootPostID=f5bd01c8b87759941f1d5f921b23d355

A major hospital kept someone employed that they knew was performing unnecessary surgeries because of the money he was bringing in.

If this was an insurance company it would be all over the news and they would be done with.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It isn't effective for hunting unless your choice is small game. Any single shot weapon would be as effective and more accurate. You are making excuses for a weapon that was designed for a purpose of sending a lot of ordinance to a target area in a short period of time. 

Most hog hunters use them

1 minute ago, nate said:

By the way, not to take away from the conversation here but there should be so much outrage over this story and yet it is barely getting noted.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/investigations/2018/02/16/medical-college-wisconsin-allowed-doctor-accused-performing-unnecessary-surgery-treat-patients-3-yea/342295002/?hootPostID=f5bd01c8b87759941f1d5f921b23d355

A major hospital kept someone employed that they knew was performing unnecessary surgeries because of the money he was bringing in.

If this was an insurance company it would be all over the news and they would be done with.

They are probably going to have to clean house from the top down. That's awful

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

When are they ever really happy? It's always a compromise. But from reports it's probably beyond time to make this change.

On 2/14/2018 at 9:15 PM, Kevin said:

I've always felt it would be dangerous to have the government be the only one who has access to guns. 

At the same time, countries like Australia, who have banned a lot of guns, have not caused a lot of problems for their citizens (that i am aware of). As far as tyranny goes, it seems to be absent. So is our fear founded or unfounded?

I kind of think we see less tyrannical government in the "free world" because American citizens still have guns. I think we stabilize things globally to an extent. 

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I kind of think we see less tyrannical government in the "free world" because American citizens still have guns. I think we stabilize things globally to an extent. 

If a country like Australia were to go rogue on their citizens the US, in conjunction with other countries, would likely be involved in the armed intervention. If the US went rogue, there is little to no chance of any coalition being willing to intervene on our behalf.  We're decidedly on our own.

Of course. In fact, I think you'd see many countries in turn, do the same thing. 

At the end of the day, every law or regulation in this country is enforced by men with guns. I'm not comfortable with that at all. I'd be less comfortable if Jason and his tiny dick (sorry buddy) weren't out there to at least deter the evil men in our country to some extent. 

That is a pretty simple view. A lot of the people in military and law enforcement today are like-minded to the individuals who have a bunch of guns. I'm beyond speculating and have done absolutely zero study on this stuff, but I'd fear that if you get rid of the guns and begin to indoctrinate the military and law enforcement class into an even more privileged one, things would be a little different.

It isn't so much that Jason could defend his community against the military, but that it would be at least somewhat difficult to get the military to carry out sinister plans domestically. 

6 minutes ago, nate said:

I find it funny that any of you think our military or law enforcement is in any way weary of a bunch of red necks with AR15s.

Tell that to the widows of military members killed by foreign rednecks with AK-47s 

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

That is a pretty simple view. A lot of the people in military and law enforcement today are like-minded to the individuals who have a bunch of guns. I'm beyond speculating and have done absolutely zero study on this stuff, but I'd fear that if you get rid of the guns and begin to indoctrinate the military and law enforcement class into an even more privileged one, things would be a little different.

It isn't so much that Jason could defend his community against the military, but that it would be at least somewhat difficult to get the military to carry out sinister plans domestically. 

Across Europe they have this and all it has done is significantly lowered the murder rate.  There is no fear of military rule.

@Thomas interestingly enough, there are far fewer of those than there are widows and parents of kids murdered by guns in the US.

Just now, nate said:

Across Europe they have this and all it has done is significantly lowered the murder rate.  There is no fear of military rule.

@Thomas interestingly enough, there are far fewer of those than there are widows and parents of kids murdered by guns in the US.

America is still a deterrent to military rule in Europe.