• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Alcohol kills 4500 people 21 and younger each year.

Booze is great!

Captain can't put 1 and 1 together.

Booze kills the people drinking it 90%+ of the time, guns kill other innocent people.

But hey, pro life!  Republicans are against abortion because it is murder, but they are very pro gun murder, kids dying without healthcare, elderly dying without healthcare and poor people dying of malnutrition.

3 minutes ago, nate said:

Captain can't put 1 and 1 together.

Booze kills the people drinking it 90%+ of the time, guns kill other innocent people.

But hey, pro life!  Republicans are against abortion because it is murder, but they are very pro gun murder, kids dying without healthcare, elderly dying without healthcare and poor people dying of malnutrition.

Actually,  no.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/upshot/gun-deaths-are-mostly-suicides.html

I am also ok with just making the first DUI mandatory 2 years in jail, second mandatory 5 and third life.

The way I see it, every DUI is attempted manslaughter.

By the way, of the 10k DUI related deaths in 2015, only 1900 were someone in another vehicle.

There were 9,616 firearm related homicides in 2015.

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I respect his dedication to his view. It's too bad how ignorant it is though.

One of the biggest steps towards tyranny is disarming the population. A defenseless population is an easily controlled one.

when's the last time in this country that civilians needed weapons to keep the gov't from going off course?

Just now, Tank said:

when's the last time in this country that civilians needed weapons to keep the gov't from going off course?

The mere threat of armed citizens is enough to deter. There are estimates of 270 to 310 million guns in the US.

Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it never could. The second amendment is right behind free speech for a reason.

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The mere threat of armed citizens is enough to deter. There are estimates of 270 to 310 million guns in the US.

so by that logic, if you and i are strapped and a US army tank comes rolling down the street telling us that a curfew is now in place as trump starts clamping down on our liberties, we're good to go, right?

in this scenario, it seems far more practical to have armed militia groups prepared for such things as opposed to individual citizens citing this tired old mantra in ways that make it sound like they're ready to take on the gov't and be effective all by themselves.

meanwhile, our kids keep killing more kids and no one's losing sleep over it.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

so by that logic, if you and i are strapped and a US army tank comes rolling down the street telling us that a curfew is now in place as trump starts clamping down on our liberties, we're good to go, right?

in this scenario, it seems far more practical to have armed militia groups prepared for such things as opposed to individual citizens citing this tired old mantra in ways that make it sound like they're ready to take on the gov't and be effective all by themselves.

Tell that to the Davidians and Randy Weaver.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

I'm not saying Billy Bob and Cletus can take on an M1 Abrams with their muskets. It's far more complicated than that.

Sides would form, portions of the military would go rogue, some indoctrinated, there are a lot of angles to this. If the population as a whole have their guns forcibly removed, they're much easier to control.

21 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it never could. The second amendment is right behind free speech for a reason.

Um, no.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/12/order_of_bill_of_rights_is_second_amendment_the_second_most_important.html

No. The Bill of Rights has an order, but it has nothing to do with the relative importance of the rights. James Madison, who whittled down the long list of amendments proposed during constitutional ratification, argued that all changes to the Constitution should be incorporated into the text itself rather than tacked on the end. Connecticut’s Roger Sherman disagreed and won the argument, giving us the numbered list of 10 amendments we have today. The order of that list, however, still reflects Madison’s view: They come in the same order as the sections of the Constitution that they would have modified.

The original first amendment, which did not pass, outlined how the number of seats in Congress would rise in response to population growth—a modification of Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution. The original second amendment, which initially fell short of ratification and later became the 27th Amendment, banned members of Congress from raising their own salaries before voters had an opportunity to oust them. That related to Article I, Section 6, which deals with congressional compensation.

The now-sacred First Amendment was originally slated to sit in the far less distinguished third position. That doesn’t mean the founding fathers thought congressional salary more important than the freedom of speech. Rather, the First Amendment relates to the powers of the legislature, which come later in the Constitution than does the structure of Congress. According to Yale professor Akhil Reed Amar, the provision we now know as the First Amendment begins with the phrase “Congress shall make no law” because it contrasts with Article I, Section 8, which begins “Congress shall have power.”

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Tell that to the Davidians and Randy Weaver.

but isn't there a completely different philosophy behind the actions of these two? they seem to have been more afraid of having to follow the normal rules of society (particularly koresch [i don't know enough about randy weaver right now to comment]) than a gov't removing all of their rights. and wouldn't that, therefore, present a completely different set of circumstances than the idea of keeping an armed citizenry to prevent gov't intrusion of our basic rights?

Edited by Tank