• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

The law was passed in 2011 and went into affect in 2014. DMV closures didn't take place until September of 2015. 

https://www.snopes.com/2015/10/01/alabama-drivers-license/

Alabama requires every voter to have a valid photo ID to cast a ballot. While a driver’s license is the most common form of ID in the state, Bentley said anyone without a driver’s license can go to any county register’s office and have a photo ID made and the closing of the DMV offices will not change that fact.

Bentley also pointed out that every probate judge in the state has the authority to renew driver’s licenses and the closing of the DMV offices will not change that fact.

Bentley said not only is the state not engaged in any effort to curtail voting, it is doing all it can to make sure anyone who wants to vote will be able to register to vote.

“We will go to people’s houses to have their picture made if they don’t have a photo ID in the state of Alabama,” said Bentley. “We’re not ever going to do anything to keep people in the state of Alabama from voting. And for them to jump to a conclusion like that, that is politics at its worst.”

I admit the article turned out to be BS.

So when will  you admit that all the Benghazi and Uranium One stories you post about are BS?

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Amazing Larry

On 12/13/2017 at 8:55 PM, arch stanton said:

The process of getting an ID isn't always as simple as you might think. A few years ago when I returned from overseas my license had expired for more than one year. The state of Massachusetts wouldn't accept just my perfectly valid US passport. I had to produce a birth certificate with seal, a SS card, and proof of address. There are going to be people, for any number of circumstances, who can't provide all of this

Did it take you 3 years to figure out how to get your ID? That's about the amount of time voters would have until the next election if voter ID laws were passed today.

7 hours ago, LHalo said:

Did it take you 3 years to figure out how to get your ID? That's about the amount of time voters would have until the next election if voter ID laws were passed today.

Never said it was impossible just not as easy as some assume. I had the docs I needed. Not everybody will have that and won't even know until they try to get the ID. And while there's 3 years to the presidential election, the house elections are every 2 years and state and local elections happen all the time.

Senate Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr says his committee is examining the campaign of Green Party 2016 presidential candidate Jill Stein as part of its investigation into Russian meddling in the US election.

Asked what his panel wanted to learn from the Stein campaign, Burr said whether there was "collusion with the Russians."

Wheeeee!!!!

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Never said it was impossible just not as easy as some assume. I had the docs I needed. Not everybody will have that and won't even know until they try to get the ID. And while there's 3 years to the presidential election, the house elections are every 2 years and state and local elections happen all the time.

If you can't get in ID in less than two years maybe you shouldn't be voting.