• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Nets down the foul lines?

laagamer

You still have not explained why I need a net in front of me when I purchase a ticket knowing that I could be hit by a foul ball or bat leaving the field of play.  I understand the danger and I accept that when I lay down my money and say yes, I want to sit there.  If I don't I can buy a ticket on the club or view level where it's a little safer, and cost less money.

Please explain why this net is necessary? And why the fan that sits 5 feet behind these guys don't need one.

Angels-hats-gloves-dugout_christopher-vi

You still have not explained why I need a net in front of me when I purchase a ticket knowing that I could be hit by a foul ball or bat leaving the field of play. I understand the danger and I accept that when I lay down my money and say yes, I want to sit there. If I don't I can buy a ticket on the club or view level where it's a little safer, and cost less money.

So according to your logic everyone sitting in the 200 section should be paying attention to every play, no matter what. That would decrease attendance in the more expensive seats, decreasing revenue nearly as much if not more than if the hardcore, real fans like yourself refuse to go to games because of nets. Seriously, nets would barely, if at all, impair your sight of any play.

And the no deaths argument is the most ludicrous argument I think I've ever seen. So people have fractured skulls, but since he/she hasn't died, then no precautions should be taken. Makes sense.

My question for the anti-net crowd, what is the issue with having nets? Is it the old-school don't change the beauty of the game?

You still have not explained why I need a net in front of me when I purchase a ticket knowing that I could be hit by a foul ball or bat leaving the field of play.  I understand the danger and I accept that when I lay down my money and say yes, I want to sit there.  If I don't I can buy a ticket on the club or view level where it's a little safer, and cost less money.

Every ticket has the generic fine print about the possibility of getting hit by a foul ball or bat leaving the field of play. That doesn't mean every casual fan understands the danger of sitting in the lower seats.

Every fan should have to watch a 10 minute video before they enter the stadium on the dangers of attending a ball game.  It would include...

Bats, balls, and players flying into the seating area

Fan vomiting

People with no teeth serving you food

Ushers flipping you off

Stair navigation

Anything else?

Every fan should have to watch a 10 minute video before they enter the stadium on the dangers of attending a ball game.  It would include...

Fan vomiting

Ushers flipping you off

Stair navigation

Anything else?

Paying attention to every pitch.

No standing.

Make noise when asked to.

I'm not sure if you are being serious. The odds of hitting the pitcher are greater than the odds of hitting any specific fan, but not anywhere near as likely as all the fans combined. 

who is disputing that? What was the point of, "There is only one pitcher vs's hundreds, if not thousands of fans."?

talk about "duh". 

Fan vomiting

Ushers flipping you off

Stair navigation

Anything else?

You forgot about walking into the parking lot with a bunch of gang types around your car and shooting them.  

And no calling Jeter names.

So according to your logic everyone sitting in the 200 section should be paying attention to every play, no matter what. That would decrease attendance in the more expensive seats, decreasing revenue nearly as much if not more than if the hardcore, real fans like yourself refuse to go to games because of nets. Seriously, nets would barely, if at all, impair your sight of any play.

And the no deaths argument is the most ludicrous argument I think I've ever seen. So people have fractured skulls, but since he/she hasn't died, then no precautions should be taken. Makes sense.

My question for the anti-net crowd, what is the issue with having nets? Is it the old-school don't change the beauty of the game?

i love going to the games and getting could balls, having players toss balls up to the kids.  Autographs before the game. The closeness of the game.  I have set behind home plate and I don't like watching the game from behind the net. I choose to sit between home plate and third where there is no net. If this was such a concern I can't figure out why these seats in every ballpark are not empty. Why do you have to place a net in front of me, take away the chance for my grandkids to get balls and autographs because you live your life in fear.