• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

22-23 since Jerry quit.

Ohtaniland

Skaggs will be in AAA working on recovering his control. He was a borderline starter before TJ surgery and has no guaranteed spot. Like Strasburg two years ago, he will have limited innings in 2016 and won't pitch a full season.

He got borderline results but pitched better than his ERA would indicate.  You are underrating how well Skaggs pitched IMO, but I agree it's really ridiculous to pretend Santago hasn't earned a spot.

You are also correct in saying he will need to prove himself in the minors before being counted on for the MLB roster.

Edited by Inside Pitch

74 games started, 405 IP, 363 H, 167 BB, 377 Ks, 3.39 ERA.. The guy allows baserunners, but he limits damage.

Ok, so he's started a touch more than 2 years worth of games, barely scratched the 400 innings mark.

Again, I'd love for him to prove me wrong but my gut tells me its an aberration so I'm not sold yet.

people are actually boasting about the record after Jerry got fired, ****ing pathetic! Jerry led this team to the playoffs last season at least with boasting the BP, Stone head hasn't done jack shit, **** him

But we made the playoffs three times under Reagins and Stoneman plus winning 100 games in 2008.

people are actually boasting about the record after Jerry got fired, ****ing pathetic! Jerry led this team to the playoffs last season at least with boasting the BP, Stone head hasn't done jack shit, **** him

Yeah "boasting".    Good thing they "fired him"...  the team he put together is awful.  

Imagine how much better the Angels situation would be right now had he not endorsed and pushed for Josh Hamilton.  Instead of being on the hook for two more years they might be able to sign a useful player and they wouldn't have lost a first round draft pick.  

I see why you do this whole false narrative game -- it's sort of fun to just create reality as you go along.

I've settled into an opinion that Sciosch is a good manager who had a fantastic staff when he won us that championship.  Pitching and particularly the pen was never the same after Bud Black left, and the team was not the same after Maddon left in terms of its fire and energy.  I do think making a change is best for the team if they miss the playoffs because sometimes managers can get too comfortable and if there's one manager in the league who looks that way it's Sciosh.  I never liked Butcher and still don't, btw, although he's never had a great staff to work with.  But then again look at Black's staff when they won it all, hardly the stuff of dream teams.  So I do think whatever happens Butcher needs to go too.

Stoneman has a great eye for managerial talent, he's the guy that brought in the pieces around Mike to start this org's winning run.  So hopefully he stacks it right one more time before he rides off into retirement again.

I've settled into an opinion that Sciosch is a good manager who had a fantastic staff when he won us that championship. Pitching and particularly the pen was never the same after Bud Black left, and the team was not the same after Maddon left in terms of its fire and energy. I do think making a change is best for the team if they miss the playoffs because sometimes managers can get too comfortable and if there's one manager in the league who looks that way it's Sciosh. I never liked Butcher and still don't, btw, although he's never had a great staff to work with. But then again look at Black's staff when they won it all, hardly the stuff of dream teams. So I do think whatever happens Butcher needs to go too.

Stoneman has a great eye for managerial talent, he's the guy that brought in the pieces around Mike to start this org's winning run. So hopefully he stacks it right one more time before he rides off into retirement again.

Scioscia sucks. It's the ****ing nutswingers that sing his praises all the time and every Angels' employee that brainwash the fans thinking the guy is something special. Never putting any blame on him or calling him out. The guy is disgusting.

He's a piece of shit and a JAG (Just Another Guy).

Again, the Angels will never win with this joke as our manager.

Tim Salmon said some complimentary words about Scioscia last night in his induction speech. But, you know, he only played for him and three other managers while with the Angels so he probably doesn't know what he is talking about.

He's a JAN.... (Just Another Nutswinger)

He's just brainwashed.

I get that Scioscia isn't everyone's cup of tea. I fully understand that he's not THE best in the game. But if you think he sucks or is a piece of shit, you're probably a ****ing idiot. If your hatred of the guy leads you to think he's not at least an average manager, then that's much more on you. Most of the reasons people hate him is because of the notion he doesn't use analytics. For those of you who feel that way, go ahead and look at how his team has performed, wins and losses, using those same analytics.