• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

22-23 since Jerry quit.

Ohtaniland

Dipoto put a wrench into our offense this off season. I put most of the blame on him. I truly believe it's Scioscia that's keeping this team in the hunt.

I would be shocked if the team made the playoffs. I'll hope for the best.

God dang your and idoit.

What did he do? Trade Kendrick? We desperately needed young starting pitching and he traded a decent player with one year of control left for a young pitcher with six and freed up payroll in the process. Good trade.

Release Hamilton? That was all Arturo Moreno.

Trade for Joyce? That move got ****ed the second Hamilton snorted coke up his nose. It created a chain reaction that threw everyone out of place.

The situation is the way it is because of one person, Moreno.

Trade for Joyce? That move got ****ed the second Hamilton snorted coke up his nose. It created a chain reaction that threw everyone out of place.

Somehow in your head this makes sense?

Um yes, it does notti. Joyce wasn't supposed to be the everyday left fielder or hit in the middle of the order. I absolutely think that may have something to do with his struggles this year. Maybe you just don't understand the mental aspect of the game, probably because you never played it. You think he should just perform to his career averages because he's supposed to.

God dang your and idoit.

What did he do? Trade Kendrick? We desperately needed young starting pitching and he traded a decent player with one year of control left for a young pitcher with six and freed up payroll in the process. Good trade.

Release Hamilton? That was all Arturo Moreno.

I've haven't been a Moreno fan for a few years now. I'm still a Scioscia fan but not opposed to a change. If trout wants Scioscia to stay then there's your answer.

I'm not blaming Hamilton on Dipoto but I think he did a shitty job of handling the whole situation. I personally believe this team would be better with Hamilton on the roster.

Trading Howie & Conger also hurt the offense. Yes we got two cost controlled pitchers but the offense took another hit.

Offensively we struggled in the playoffs ... so the the problem became more problematic by not addressing the needs.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Here's something else I'll add to this conversation, without going into a bunch of details. 

I spoke to a person close to the team when I was down in California a week ago and when I asked about Dipoto and how that all went down, the answer I got was basically this. 

Dipoto uncharacteristically stormed into the Angels clubhouse, yelled and blasted the players and coaching staff, mostly the players. I can't get into the details, but because Dipoto was not backed by his actions & words and because he pissed the players off and he felt bad about the way he acted, he decided it was in his best interest to resign. Dipoto was frustrated by a lot of things, but one of them was mostly the lack of production on the field.

One thing I will say about Dipoto is the man really wanted to win and he looked at the players in the clubhouse as his responsibility, not Scioscia's, not Arte's. He had a passion for this org and the team's success. He let it get to him one day. There's other things too, like the Josh thing, but mostly due to the fact that he didn't have the players respect or ear. 

I've haven't been a Moreno fan for a few years now. I'm still a Scioscia fan but not opposed to a change. If trout wants Scioscia to stay then there's your answer.

I'm not blaming Hamilton on Dipoto but I think he did a shitty job of handling the whole situation. I personally believe this team would be better with Hamilton on the roster.

Trading Howie & Conger also hurt the offense. Yes we got two cost controlled pitchers but the offense took another hit.

Offensively we struggled in the playoffs ... so the the problem became more problematic by not addressing the needs.

You didn't really state anything here that backs up your statement that Dipoto screwed the offense.

I agree with you that as shitty as Hamilton was, we would have gotten more out of LF with him here than not here. But if you think it was Dipoto that handled that situation poorly, I couldn't disagree more. Id be willing to bet Dipoto was just doing Arte's dirty work in regards to not only the decision to trade Josh, but also the statement released by Dipoto on behalf of the team. Remember, josh has gone on record saying he tried to reach out to Moreno personally and was never allowed to speak to him, Obviously because Arte refused to take his call. Jerry had to be the middle man in Artes childish game. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if this played a bigger role than we think for why Jerry quit.

Here's something else I'll add to this conversation, without going into a bunch of details.

I spoke to a person close to the team when I was down in California a week ago and when I asked about Dipoto and how that all went down, the answer I got was basically this.

Dipoto uncharacteristically stormed into the Angels clubhouse, yelled and blasted the players and coaching staff, mostly the players. I can't get into the details, but because Dipoto was not backed by his actions & words and because he pissed the players off and he felt bad about the way he acted, he decided it was in his best interest to resign. Dipoto was frustrated by a lot of things, but one of them was mostly the lack of production on the field.

One thing I will say about Dipoto is the man really wanted to win and he looked at the players in the clubhouse as his responsibility, not Scioscia's, not Arte's. He had a passion for this org and the team's success. He let it get to him one day. There's other things too, like the Josh thing, but mostly due to the fact that he didn't have the players respect or ear.

Not sure how much credence to give this, but interesting nonetheless. It's obviously very understandable why he would be upset, I'd think the players would get it and a simple apology and calmer communication could have smoothed things over and perhaps earned him even more respect. If things indeed went down that way and he resigned because he felt bad or guilty, then I'd be very disappointed. That's not how to be a leader.

You didn't really state anything here that backs up your statement that Dipoto screwed the offense.

I agree with you that as shitty as Hamilton was, we would have gotten more out of LF with him here than not here. But if you think it was Dipoto that handled that situation poorly, I couldn't disagree more. Id be willing to bet Dipoto was just doing Arte's dirty work in regards to not only the decision to trade Josh, but also the statement released by Dipoto on behalf of the team. Remember, josh has gone on record saying he tried to reach out to Moreno personally and was never allowed to speak to him, Obviously because Arte refused to take his call. Jerry had to be the middle man in Artes childish game. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if this played a bigger role than we think for why Jerry quit.

Obviously you just won't listen to what Chuck is telling you.

Maybe that is the real reason he resigned. Maybe Arte interfered too much with what JD wanted to do. Pujols, Hamilton, getting rid of Hamilton....

That theory makes a lot more sense in the mid season resignation than not getting along with Scioscia.

We'll never know the full story....but if he tried to stop Arte in either case, he didn't try hard enough....

So someone came in and held the players accountable, and they got pissed about it....

That isn't a good sign.

Good thing none of these players played for Steinbrenner. This explanation doesn't really make sense. Players can't be that insecure. So Jerry lost his cool one day. Big deal.

Apologize and move on.