• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/13 @ Royals - Giavotella Leading Off

Holy shit we won.

Should've kept watching. 

I closed the little MLB gameday window in the 6th. When I got in the car to go home AM830 had been left on right as Davis was making things interesting. 

Ok, looks like he's accomplished that: he's "hitting" .245/.288/.344 from the leadoff slot.

So completely disregard the 9-game hitting streak from the lead-off spot in which I think he was batting .300 prior to the trades and being moved, and completely disregard him batting .326 for the month of August, and completely disregard the fact he's still batting close to .400 late and close??  You must not be part of the "what have you done for me lately" crowd.

Oblivious worker at Wingstop changed the channel to pre-season football right when they started rallying, before the Angels tied it, and I made a scene.

"Put the Angels game back on!" I yelled across the place, and one of the girls I was with glared at me HAHA. Then some kid with his parents a couple tables over was like "Yeah! Put on the Angels!" and then couldn't stop talking about Trout and Pujols and Calhoun, and what was happening on the field. It was awesome. Glad I got to see it happen in the 9th. Eventually when we got the lead and there was some hootin' and hollerin' from even more people in the place, it was absurd lol. Very nice to see some Angel fans at the local establishment though after how much we've stunk, and after winning, it definitely put a smile on my face for the rest of the night.

Especially breaking that 60-0 record going into the 8th with the lead this season. There was also another stat on TV that said something like they hadn't lost at home when leading in the 9th since 2008 or something ridiculous.