• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cargo

CarGo may be solid for the Angels, but he costs too much, not only in salary but the prospects it'd take to bring him in.  Thus, anything he might've done in Angels uniform would likely be met with a caveat.....

"CarGo has really been solid for the Angels, but they definitely overpaid in prospects and that contract is destined to way them down in the future."

I'm actually sort of glad the Angels were able to avoid that sort of scenario. 

Cargo would crash and burn with the Angels. 

Career splits

Home: .983 OPS

Road: .761 OPS

This year

Home: 53 hits, 10 doubles, 13 hr, .939 OPS

Away: 52 hits, 10 doubles, 13 hr, .838 OPS

You think this is bad yet continue to profess your love for Chris Iannetta's .623 OPS  

You are ripping on Cargo stating his away stats are weak. I'm pointing out his away stats are still better than anyone on our team not named Trout. But you like catchers who hit under .200 so I'm clearly wasting my time. 

You are coming off as a little childish right now  :mellow:

Iannetta has nothing to do with the discussion yet you keep bringing him up.

It's not that I love him, I just think he's better than the board has given him credit for since he's been an angel.

He's definitely not living up to expectations this year, but he is still the angels best option.

Back to Cargo. 

At best, he would give the angels an OPS around .800. Most likely can expect an OPS in the low .700s imo.

Edited by Poozy

You are coming off as a little childish right now  :mellow:

Iannetta has nothing to do with the discussion yet you keep bringing him up.

It's not that I love him, I just think he's better than the board has given him credit for since he's been an angel.

He's definitely not living up to expectations this year, but he is still the angels best option.

Back to Cargo. 

At best, he would give the angels an OPS around .800. Most likely can expect an OPS in the low .700s imo.

I would phrase it "at worst Cargo would bring the Angels  an OPS around  .800. " That's nothing to sneeze at.

I'm frustrated at watching this team be flushed down the toilet.  Our 7-9 hitters almost just give away a free inning several times a game. I'm not in love with Cargo, but don't really see any options at this point.