• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Who's team is it?

Well, obviously Sosh is the boss. But just about every team (sports, work, etc) has people on it that are the natural peer leaders. Looking at the roster right now......I dont see one.

Looking at the world series team, I think a big part of the success was having a bunch of guys that grew up together. Then you throw in Percy, Erstad, Disar.

The next generation had the remnants of that team, and guys like Lackey come into their own as that role. Now, weve got the younger guys like trout, trumbo, bourjos. Then theres the pitchers (who are almost all new faces). Hamilton isnt going to get in peoples faces. He's new, and he's in no position to right now. Pujols probably sees himself in that role, but I dont know if he's the best communicator. I think Aybar and Callaspo are not the right guys to light a fire in the clubhouse. Howie is just a laid back guy.

I know some feel chemistry is overrated, and that winning breeds chemistry. Theres probably some truth to that. But I think everyone reading this knows that if your boss isnt the best to work for (which is starting to look like sosh), and youre not that close with your coworkers, the effort will probably suffer.

I think Weaver is the closest thing, but I dont know that pitchers mix with the hitters too much. But I think its a key component. Theyve lost confidence. Theyre not having fun. and theres no one there taking charge and getting people fired up. 

Weaver is the only one I can even imagine being the guy. But again, I'm not 100 percent sure the pitchers and position guys intermingle all that much. You would think its Pujols.....but Im not sure hes the vocal guy. 

I wonder if they could bring Percy back in some role. I know he's still local. Bench coach or something along those lines. He has the presence, the tenure, etc. I remember him not being bashful about dealing with Mo back in the day, I would assume he hasnt changed too much.