• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

AO's Three Week Self Ban Thread

You asked me yesterday in the game day thread if I think Scioscia ever does anything wrong. Do you ever think he does anything right? My defense of Scioscia is usually after one of you guys go crazy and blame him for everything. I'm very consistent with my opinion which is its on the players. So when we go 17-3 it's because of the players, when we go 1-9 it's because of the players. In your eyes (I know you were joking this time) if they go 17-3 it's because of the players, if they go 1-9 it's because of Scioscia. Oh and during the 17-3 stretch, you blame the 3 on Scioscia as well.

Wow, I was just making a little joke.

By the way, I have given credit to Scioscia here on occasion. Not often, but still credit. He's still been here too long, in my opinion. And the results are very mixed. 

Wow, I was just making a little joke.

By the way, I have given credit to Scioscia here on occasion. Not often, but still credit. He's still been here too long, in my opinion. And the results are very mixed.

I know you were joking I had just been thinking about that lately and wanted to post it. Sorry if it came off as me going off on you. I agree it's probably time for a change but for different reasons. He's still highly respected and if the team fades down the stretch I wouldn't be at all surprised if he walked away. Then again I wouldn't be shocked if he wanted to manage the team for 20 years. I think that's only happened once.

Last year he did this a handful of times, raising the ban each time, then it finally happened and he was suppose to stay gone until the end of the season I think, it was like two months. I gave him a hard time for coming back early as I will this time. My hope is something amazing happens while he is gone, something he would truly miss out on not talking about on here. Then maybe he will take his own advice and not do self bans anymore.

Like... The Angels play an exhibition game against Long Beach State on an off day and Stone Cold and Laverne from Laverne and Shirley throw out the first pitch

Edited by Adam

I know you were joking I had just been thinking about that lately and wanted to post it. Sorry if it came off as me going off on you. I agree it's probably time for a change but for different reasons. He's still highly respected and if the team fades down the stretch I wouldn't be at all surprised if he walked away. Then again I wouldn't be shocked if he wanted to manage the team for 20 years. I think that's only happened once.

I hope he doesn't want to match Connie Mack's record. He managed the A's for 50 years.

Here are the others:

John McGraw, NY Giants, 31 years

Bobby Cox, 25 years with the Braves

Walter Alston, Dodgers, 23 years (and all of them were one-year contracts)

I hope he doesn't want to match Connie Mack's record. He managed the A's for 50 years.

Here are the others:

John McGraw, NY Giants, 31 years

Bobby Cox, 25 years with the Braves

Walter Alston, Dodgers, 23 years (and all of them were one-year contracts)

Wow I was way off. But I could see him wanting to go 20 years. I still wouldn't be shocked though if he opted out if the team continues to struggle. It would be no different than a player that plays here that had an opt out and didn't see the team getting better. Most managers would rather have talent than power, because if they win consistently then that person will have power regardless.

AO had built up about 2 years worth of self ban days last year. It was amazing. He would basically let himself back on to go double-or-nothing and then the Angels kept coming back and winning (he was doing this in like the 3rd or 4th inning some days). What used to be a kiss of death for the team became a good luck charm.

The AO thread has reached 6 pages and 100 posts!

Come on, I know the Angels paid a hefty loss for their win yesterday, but what has happened has happened, and it can't be reversed. Someone has to step up in his place.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting a 3 week rental poster from Rangerswin.com, as long as it doesn't cost us any of our top young posters.