• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Best Crowds in Sports

Shhhhhhh....you might actually wake some of those fans up.

Lou, are you talking about paid attendance or actual living, breathing human beings that are in the ballpark. Because there's a difference.

And every stadium us measured the same way

And our attendance is way down.   Sure Arte basks in the thousands of season tickets scooped up by scalpers every season.   They don't always sell.   I'm sorry you think the Angel games are packed with people.  They aren't.  

And you gave me a good laugh of the Angels being Top 3 in the AL every decade of our existence.  Sorry.   I remember the 70s, 80s, 90s, and certainly the 2000s.

Look it up. Actually, now that i think about it, we may have been 4th once.

And attendance is down about 1500 fans/game, and we're still 2nd in the AL. I wouldn't call that "way down"

on the whole, football fans seem quite a bit more passionate (loud) than baseball fans.

i'm sure the seahawks fans would like to get in on this discussion.

i think every teams' fans are louder when they're winning.

cardinals and cubs fans seem to be consistently supportive, moreso than most.

The Cubs have been good a few times in my lifetime..but I'm old.

69 was memorable..Santo, Banks, Williams, Jenkins...the late season collapse was more memorable.

Mid-late 80s, 89 and especially 84 and the heartbreaking loss to SD. 

2003 was magic, again, until the end...

Cubs fans are ingrained with hope from childhood.

And our attendance is way down.   Sure Arte basks in the thousands of season tickets scooped up by scalpers every season.   They don't always sell.   I'm sorry you think the Angel games are packed with people.  They aren't.  

And you gave me a good laugh of the Angels being Top 3 in the AL every decade of our existence.  Sorry.   I remember the 70s, 80s, 90s, and certainly the 2000s.

It's actually not as far down as it was earlier in the year -- only 1500 off last years pace now.  http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/current_attendance.shtml

The Angels BTW -- led all of MLB in total attendance in the 80s..  I don't think they were anywhere near that in the 90s -- they were both bad and dealt with the stadium reconstruction that drove attendance down (all the cheap OF seats were removed).   But they have drawn at least 2 mil in every non strike shortened (or construction limited), season since 1979 save for one -- 1996.  

That's a pretty good run of nearly 40 years.

It's actually not as far down as it was earlier in the year -- only 1500 off last years pace now. http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/current_attendance.shtml

The Angels BTW -- led all of MLB in total attendance in the 80s.. I don't think they were anywhere near that in the 90s -- they were both bad and dealt with the stadium reconstruction that drove attendance down (all the cheap OF seats were removed). But they have drawn at least 2 mil in every non strike shortened (or construction limited), season since 1979 save for one -- 1996.

That's a pretty good run of nearly 40 years.

Yes. Sales totals. Not butts in seats. And before the miracle WS, they were piss poor. 2000 and 2001 were awful. They rode the WS win for the next several years.

They'll get their numbers. Giveaway and promotional tickets deals help.

Tdawg, let me know if you ever make it out to that shithole Fenway Park. They are well supported. I hate the Red Sox and the majority of their road fans have no idea Jason Varitek or Manny Tamirez still aren't on the team, just like road Yankee fans still haven't figured out when Jeter is going to come off the DL and play. But at he, the Red Sox have a solid fan base.

I've been to Fenway, the people there were way nicer than the douchebags that come out to watch the Red Sox in Anaheim.

Interesting. This isn't true for every team that sends douchebacks to the Big A. For example I've been to Chavez Ravine, and the situation there is no better :(

A few come to mind, but obviously not the Angels' crowd. Mostly old, retired white people, casual fan families, and a few young people sprinkled here and there. And the people next to the dugout are lame too. I never see them with any red gear. And who's that one biker-looking dude with cowboy goatee from Big Lebowski?

I've always wondered who that was too. Figured it was Arte's millionaire construction buddy.

Yes. Sales totals. Not butts in seats. And before the miracle WS, they were piss poor. 2000 and 2001 were awful. They rode the WS win for the next several years.

They'll get their numbers. Giveaway and promotional tickets deals help.

We were middle of the pack in 200-2001. I wouldn't call that piss poor.

And every single team uses promos and giveaways. Please tell me you know that.