• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

This is his statement...

"As president of USC I am very, very fortunate to have Pat Haden as our Athletic Director - as is the entire Trojan Family.  He is a man of true character and integrity, he cares deeply for our student athletes, and he always makes their well-being his highest priority.  

"Pat Haden has been doing an outstanding job in leading Trojan Athletics in the past five years and I want to take this opportunity to reiterate my unwavering support for him.  

"I look forward to working with Pat Haden as our USC AD for many years to come."

After the last game of the season (UCLA).

Tank, when are you having lunch with the Board of Trustees?

when? right after my lobotomy heals.

1. ohio state

2. ucla 

3. usc

Ego?  Dude gave up on a very successful business career to help USC after Nikias begged him to replace Garrett...

What has that got to do with ego?

Isn't "I saved my university" a big ego boost?  Maybe he isn't greedy but taking the USC AD position definitely does not eliminate ego.

But shouting for him to step down is ridiculous too.  Obviously he made mistakes but he gave up a lot to help USC.

When he came in, the dumpster fire was already raging.

What really killed SC was all their top targets declined the job.  Going to be even harder to find someone now.

Edited by nate

He failed with the basketball coach, he failed big time with the football coach.  The AD's biggest responsibility is to hire head coaches and he's sucked at it.

He also glossed over Sark's issues before and then just passed when he came out drunk in August.

and your comment about not getting the top coaches is like Reagins using not signing another top free agent as an excuse for his horrible moves.

Edited by mtangelsfan

But shouting for him to step down is ridiculous too. Obviously he made mistakes but he gave up a lot to help USC.

What really killed SC was all their top targets declined the job. Going to be even harder to find someone now.

Has usc ever gotten their guy?

Haden's big board

1. Pat Haden.

Did he just blame the ncaa on the sark hire ?

Edited by nando714

But shouting for him to step down is ridiculous too.  Obviously he made mistakes but he gave up a lot to help USC.

What really killed SC was all their top targets declined the job.  Going to be even harder to find someone now.

Sorry, but he doesn't get a pass or bonus points because of what he gave up. He knew what he was giving up and agreed to leave that behind. The university gave him the responsibility to do what is best for the university as a whole. He failed to do so in this case. Also, I'm sure he's compensated well for his work.

It may have been a dumpster fire when he arrived, but how much better is it now? It's been one misstep after another. What exactly has he done that another experienced AD wouldn't have ? Other than the feelgood "southern cal family" warm and fuzzies, that is.

This must be end of days...Nate and Lou arguing SC...

To add, I don't think we all know "for sure" what he did or did not give up.  The story I heard was he was going to retire, and the university asked him to come on and work a couple years to help rehab the department and get through sanctions.  He's getting paid $2MM per; not chump change.

I agree

Fail. You missed where I said "unless he has done this in front of Haden or the USC brass before." From the sound of things, that was true, therefore making the first part of the statement irrelevant. Null and void. I did not just get I agreed by IEBruin. This doesn't count. I demand a reassessment and, ultimately, an apology.

Fail. You missed where I said "unless he has done this in front of Haden or the USC brass before." From the sound of things, that was true, therefore making the first part of the statement irrelevant. Null and void. I did not just get I agreed by IEBruin. This doesn't count. I demand a reassessment and, ultimately, an apology.

Well, my fine feathered little ducky, if you go back and read my post you will realize i stated that I agreed with the 2nd quote.

Then again, we probably won't.

I've submitted your request to the proper AW committee for consideration. I will notify you as to their decision once the process has concluded