• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

USC D doing a number on Tate, only 59 total yards in first half.

USC outgained them 306-96 in the first half.

Yeah that was a great half of defense. 

Then az scored 29 points in the 2nd erasing a 28-6 usc lead. Tate got his 160 on the ground but was pretty terrible through the air going 14-31. I think that’s what you wanted as the usc defense. Make Tate earn everything on the ground and make him beat you with his arm. Give credit to az for battling to tie it at 35. 

The usc offense looks like it’s finally clicking. It took 2 months. The az d isn’t a great one but usc was not moving the ball like this on anyone the first 2 months. The only knock is that usc left 14 points on the board early not scoring in the red zone again (int and TOD).That’s something they haven’t figured it. 

Defense had a great half. It’s just hard to shut down a offense that was avg 45/game  the entire game. 

The refs were completely awful again. Usc 14 penalties to az’s 3. 

Usc needs to win just 1 more game vs CU or UCLA to win the south. They hold all tie breakers if they go 1-1 the next 2. Let’s hope they go 2-0 though 

On 11/5/2017 at 6:42 AM, nando714 said:

Yeah that was a great half of defense. 

Then az scored 29 points in the 2nd erasing a 28-6 usc lead. Tate got his 160 on the ground but was pretty terrible through the air going 14-31. I think that’s what you wanted as the usc defense. Make Tate earn everything on the ground and make him beat you with his arm. Give credit to az for battling to tie it at 35. 

The usc offense looks like it’s finally clicking. It took 2 months. The az d isn’t a great one but usc was not moving the ball like this on anyone the first 2 months. The only knock is that usc left 14 points on the board early not scoring in the red zone again (int and TOD).That’s something they haven’t figured it. 

Defense had a great half. It’s just hard to shut down a offense that was avg 45/game  the entire game. 

The refs were completely awful again. Usc 14 penalties to az’s 3. 

Usc needs to win just 1 more game vs CU or UCLA to win the south. They hold all tie breakers if they go 1-1 the next 2. Let’s hope they go 2-0 though 

Tate is the best passing QB UofA has had in the last four years.  He is a run first guy all of the way.  

The fact that UofA is tied for second in the Pac 12 South is amazing.  I am hoping for wins against Oregon and Oregon St.  ASU vs UofA is going to be tough in Tempe.

7 hours ago, nate said:

How come in that bottom picture the stands are full but nobody is on the field?  FAKE!

WRONG! they were holding an inauguration for the president of the college, so it was the biggest crowd EVER for an inauguration. it was bigly!

43 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

We keep a close eye on this...with my son being a senior, this will be his last trip to a bowl game with UofA.  

Holiday Bowl or Foster Farms would be nice.  

I agree. Probably holiday . The loser of the CCG will go to Alamo bowl I think. 

No big injuries vs CU. Marshall should be back vs ucla but Langley hasn’t been terrible. Rector came back with a heavily taped hand. Carr’s roll is expanding , but RoJo has it rolling right now. Darnold also looks better 

last game in the old Coliseum this Saturday . Next season it will be under construction and the remodel should be complete by 2019 season. 

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Should be high scoring at the Coliseum tomorrow.    Although USC's defense has improved recently, they still got trashed by UofA's offense in the 2nd half.

Rosen has come up big recently.    Will end up being something like 52-38, USC. 

Jesus I hope not.  A score like that will make me consume about 18 Miller Lites

1 hour ago, Lou said:

If southern cal doesn't win by 30 I'll be shocked. I think after all the injuries, we only have two starting defensive players who can vote.

I do think we'll give Jones fits, however. He'll be limited to 264 yards. 

You sound like Jim Mora in his Monday presser 

the last statement was funny though lol