• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

http://m.usctrojans.com/m/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011817aae.html

schedule is out. No bye week until thanksgiving weekend before the conference championship game (if USC reaches it)

larry Scott screwing USC as usual. The best team he has in his conference to reach the final 4 next season. 

You know the sec wouldn't do that to bama, or acc to Clemson or fsu 

13 minutes ago, nando714 said:

http://m.usctrojans.com/m/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011817aae.html

schedule is out. No bye week until thanksgiving weekend before the conference championship game (if USC reaches it)

larry Scott screwing USC as usual. The best team he has in his conference to reach the final 4 next season. 

You know the sec wouldn't do that to bama, or acc to Clemson or fsu 

...orrrrr maybe that's just how the schedule worked out, ya big baby.

On 1/14/2017 at 4:01 PM, AngelsLongBall said:

Feb 1 creeping up...how's SC's recruiting class looking? Any silent commits/sleepers?

Lots of moving parts still. USC telling committed guys to look elsewhere, still hunting for big fish that may or may not end up in LA. Next 2 weeks should be crazy good or very meh 

23 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Lots of moving parts still. USC telling committed guys to look elsewhere, still hunting for big fish that may or may not end up in LA. Next 2 weeks should be crazy good or very meh 

Nice.  You still active at 247?  I haven't really looked over there since SS left, has it calmed down?

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Tell me about Torre Benton, Cal's new Strength and Conditioning Coach.

he's a quiet man. comes from good stock, from a tomato farm in the middle of massachusetts. farm has been in the family for 157 years. mom runs the business side of the family business and is good in keeping clean books. his sister ruth dropped out of college to become a nun. his other sister bonnie runs a day care center near plymouth. 

torre worked his way through university by working at a fro-yo shop near the gas station. he was a regular in the weight room, at least when he wasn't volunteering at the local orphanage. he graduated with magna cum laude, then spent his summer building low-income housing in southern mississippi with jimmy carter and the habitat for humanity people. he also likes to do cross-stitch and word searches in his spare time.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

he's a quiet man. comes from good stock, from a tomato farm in the middle of massachusetts. farm has been in the family for 157 years. mom runs the business side of the family business and is good in keeping clean books. his sister ruth dropped out of college to become a nun. his other sister bonnie runs a day care center near plymouth. 

torre worked his way through university by working at a fro-yo shop near the gas station. he was a regular in the weight room, at least when he wasn't volunteering at the local orphanage. he graduated with magna cum laude, then spent his summer building low-income housing in southern mississippi with jimmy carter and the habitat for humanity people. he also likes to do cross-stitch and word searches in his spare time.

This post will never receive the acclaim that it deserves, but I want you to know that I appreciate it. Also, it's by far the smartest thing ever written in the USC thread.

15 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Tell me about Torre Benton, Cal's new Strength and Conditioning Coach.

I really don't know much about him. Looked him up and he was assistant S&C to Ivan Lewis. Found an article. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.californiagoldenblogs.com/platform/amp/2017/1/19/14331778/torre-becton-california-golden-bears-football-strength-conditioning-coach?client=safari

1 hour ago, Lou said:

This post will never receive the acclaim that it deserves, but I want you to know that I appreciate it. Also, it's by far the second smartest thing ever written in the USC thread.

You know, I take issue with this.  @Tank piece, yeah, that was well done. 

But you're gonna throw @RallyMo a bone and give him the #2 seed even though I've thrown out gems such as my takes on players with two first names?  Sad!

8 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

You know, I take issue with this.  @Tank piece, yeah, that was well done. 

But you're gonna throw @RallyMo a bone and give him the #2 seed even though I've thrown out gems such as my takes on players with two first names?  Sad!

Sad should have been in all caps, pal. You're not worthy. TRUTH HURTS. #MUoSCFTGA

13 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Also, tell me about the new S&C coach, ALB. 

You want a Tank caliber piece or Nando caliber piece?  I don't know squat about our S&C program other than it seems we're not as strong as other teams and we break down.  I think we need more Taggart, more ER co-pays.  Pain don't hurt, if you're not barfing, you're not trying!

On 1/19/2017 at 8:58 PM, Tank said:

Only thing missing was how distant cousin Ralston broke beer bottles over his own head.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Welp, guess we don't need to worry about the D-Line next year.  Holy smokes

Yup. I like the mixture of guys who will compete for rotation spots next fall and the other prospects who will take some time to develop. Future looks good

4 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I've always preached line depth, and we are finally starting to get it.

When you're able to take full classes the depth will come. It's starting to show on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Next cycle they need to load up on linebackers and the west coast is filled with them.