• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

Tosh in c&g

Wow

I pretty much called this when he bolted in both the way he left and the way Sark got him. It speaks to severe character deficiencies in terms of honor for both of them, but they're well suited for success in the business that they're in. My issue is that it's possible to be good at recruiting and coaching football without being a douchebag, and they're dealing with kids. They should never consider it to be 100% as a business, and these guys do.

I've had a feeling that Sark and Tosh would end up at USC because I knew that Kiffin was just a placeholder. I thought they'd have more success at UW and perhaps in one more year, but it's about right.

Make no mistake about it, though: they will recruit like gangbusters and kids will buy what they have to sell. They will win.

Nando, you can trust me. Remember when I was totally right about Sumlin?

Edited by RallyMo

RallyMo

You were right. Whats the longest subscription to xbox live can USC invest in

lol

That's a joke straight off the Cal board.

Don't worry. He comes with his own lifetime subscription, and it's not like he's going to jump ship to another school at this point.

You guys are set.

He's going to pull in ridiculous recruiting classes with the rest of your guys. UCLA fans might not be nervous and they may be laughing, but they shouldn't be. He nearly had Cal on the verge of the top class in the nation. CAL.  THEN, he had the pull to pretty much blow it up while being a total traitor to the school.

Seriously. He's a dbag, but he's good. He's damned good.

Seems to me like SC would want to keep good coaches first rather than recruiters first.  SC recruits itself.  SC had the best DL in the P12 but now Ed O is gone.  UW on the other hand was pretty pedestrian.

UW D also was not very good.  Wilcox can recruit but again he is not the best DC.

Those two rivalry games mean more than the others Rally. And "a guy that's not as good as you?" so because Coach O won a handfull of games this season he's suddenly better than Sarkisian?.......

No, but I never said that.

I personally think he might very well be a better coach than Sark and I feel that he may believe that he's a better coach than Sark. Also, I'm not sure about 

Thus, if HE felt this way about it, it makes sense for him to feel slighted.

Also, Notre Dame and UCLA are both doing pretty well currently while USC started off their season as a festering pile of feces with little of the depth that is usually present. That should be considered when thinking about the rivalry games. They came close to defeating ND. If they had, they would have finished 7-1 on his watch.

He feels slighted. He probably feels he was the better choice for the job.

I don't quite understand what's so nutty about that.

This was my favorite paragraph I read today.

It’s a bit of a controversial hire, too, already. Two days after USC lost its final regular season game to UCLA, it hired Sarkisian. The story goes that Sarkisian was interviewed yesterday, so it wasn’t as if this was the plan for a while. It’s well known that USC seriously pursued Sumlin, Petersen (who reports have USC AD Pat Haden going to see earlier Sunday), Jon Gruden, Jack Del Rio and Vanderbilt’s James Franklin, but the word is that none of them were serious about taking the job. USC will probably say that it opted for its “first choice” in Sarkisian, and knew the guy it wanted, but it’s highly unlikely that’s anything more than spin. AFter getting turned down by a number of candidates, Haden looks like he opted for a quick hire rather than risking the bad publicity of a protracted process. Some already in the USC community are asking why Sarkisian is any different than Lane Kiffin. We’ve heard, however, that the school’s familiarity with Sarkisian, having been an assistant under Pete Carroll, and support from a good number of boosters and donors, was a key factor.