• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Will Josh Hamilton Get Booed This Weekend?

JoJo26

I never said the guy was a saint, or that I liked him.

I dont really care what people say about him.  But poking fun at his drug addiction by saying you'll bring needles and lines of coke to tempt him, doesnt seem like the best way to go about it.  This isnt being a troll, its just my 2 cents.  By all means, form your own opinions and wear a shirt that says "hey Josh want some coke?"  I really dont care.

did i mention drugs in my post?  anywhere?   answer, no i did not.  you read that into it, i didnt put it there.

i would never call him out for addiction, this has nothing to do with that. 

I would darn sure call him out for not taking any responsibility for his actions and not giving a darn about his teammates or the fans who cheered him when he was here and leaving like we somehow wronged him or should have expected it.

http://www.valleybaynews.com/2015/07/24/josh-hamilton-returns-to-angel-stadium-how-will-he-be-received/

Joshy went douche level max with this....

"“I expect it. It’s funny because when I was playing with the Angels, when A.J. Pierzynski would come in they would boo him and a couple of the guys and coaches would say, ‘I’d wish they stop booing him because he’s killing us.’ So hopefully, same scenario.”"

AJ as a role model...   Never change Joshy -- never change.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I'm absolutely convinced that the microphones at the stadium aren't positioned very well to hear fan noise. I have been to plenty of loud games and come back here and read how quiet the fans were. Last year's playoffs are a prime example. The place was loud, but you come on here and people act like it is a library. Now was it as loud as it was in 2002, no, but it was still noticeably louder than any other games during the year.

The broadcasts have been much louder recently. 

I'm absolutely convinced that the microphones at the stadium aren't positioned very well to hear fan noise. I have been to plenty of loud games and come back here and read how quiet the fans were. Last year's playoffs are a prime example. The place was loud, but you come on here and people act like it is a library. Now was it as loud as it was in 2002, no, but it was still noticeably louder than any other games during the year.

I was at game 1 of the ALDS and the game was relatively speaking dead quiet. Regular season games against the A's, and Red Sox were much, much louder, and that's with tickets in the same section in all cases. 

Edited by ScottLux

didn't watch the game, and not reading this whole thread

did he get booed?

Yes. He got booed pretty thoroughly, especailly during his first plate apperance. The crowd also loudly cheered each of the three times he swung at and missed a pitch. Then the next time up he started the Rangers' go ahead rally with a double off the right field wall. After that the Angels offense went full Mathis the rest of the night.  

did i mention drugs in my post?  anywhere?   answer, no i did not.  you read that into it, i didnt put it there.

i would never call him out for addiction, this has nothing to do with that. 

I would darn sure call him out for not taking any responsibility for his actions and not giving a darn about his teammates or the fans who cheered him when he was here and leaving like we somehow wronged him or should have expected it.

Hey buddy you are the one who quoted me first.  Let me refresh your memory.  I said this

"I take it Angels fans dont believe drug addiction is a serious issue in America."

I wasnt referring to you when I said this.  Read through this entire thread again and refresh your memory.  Many people in this thread are making fun of his drug addiction.  Thats what I was referring to.  My original post had nothing to do with you and my second post also had nothing to do with you.  I am aware you didnt mention drugs in your post, and im not sure why you even bothered to defend yourself.  

Trout taking a page from Sosh

Trout on Josh: "Obviously everybody knew he was going to get booed, but we turned the page over here and he's turned the page over there."

And he still had the sh!t eating grin....