• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Brushfire in Cajon Pass, vehicles on fire on I-15

Left San Diego today coming home from vacation. As I was coming up the 15 going past the 60 and 10 Fwy's the traffic was stop and go. When I got to Fontana it was stopped and we got an alert on the phone about an accident clogging Cajon pass. I took the 210 East through to the 10 Fwy and came home the back way through Desert Center to Vidal Junction to Needles which is on the 40 Fwy. I live in Bullhead City, AZ on the Colorado river. Thank God we did not try to go up the pass. You can get to Vegas this way also just takes a lot longer.

It actually just started raining out here. Thanks, El Nino!

This sounds about right. We will have a terrible fire season that clears out all the brush, torrential El Niño rains and massive mudslides. All to be broadcast on national news sparking the question from out of staters "why would people live there?" That is until the next sunny Rose Parade.

This was the perfect example of a "firestorm."  Lots of fuel; lots of wind; and you have a wall of fire coming at you very fast.  It's these types of fires that kill the wild land Firefighters, because they get overrun so quickly.

Those folks were very lucky to escape it.

Speaking of luck, we're getting a storm right now.  Not much rain, but hopefully enough to douse any fires started by the lightning.