• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Iran, world powers reach landmark nuclear agreement

I have to wonder if you would give the same benefit of the doubt to someone who didn't hold the same basic political ideaology as you red.

Regardless, don't ever threaten to punch me in the face again.

Fair question...and to be honest not sure I could tell you...today's Republican party seems to be moving farther and farther away from positions I would agree with so most revisions don't tend to improve my view of them.

The problem with sanctions is that they only really hurt the normal citizens. The politicians and elite still have whatever they want.

It also generates even more hate for the west and the US. To them, we are the reason they are poor and oppressed. They lack the education to know that their leaders are the ones doing it to them.

I don't really have a solution though.

I don't think you give the average Abdul Six Pack in Iran enough credit. They know their leaders aren't anything to brag about but I think the reason they would be pissed at the U.S. is because we have invaded two countries that surround them and left them in ruins.

Like MT said though, let's quit meddling over there.

With someone like Hillary it's clear her positions change as the political landscape changes.  There are no core beliefs, it's all politics and the lust for power.

She was in favor of invading Iraq when it was fashionable.  Then when it became fashionable to oppose Iraq she opposed it.

Simple as that.

All the desert countries have a legitimate use for nuclear power to run the desal plants. Leaving Iran under sanctions in perpetuity isn't a good option. It's time to give them a chance to rejoin civilized society.

To be honest though there is very little evidence that Iran wants to rejoin civilized society.

And lots of evidence to the contrary.

I don't think you give the average Abdul Six Pack in Iran enough credit. They know their leaders aren't anything to brag about but I think the reason they would be pissed at the U.S. is because we have invaded two countries that surround them and left them in ruins.

Like MT said though, let's quit meddling over there.

This is a third world country.  Most of these people don't have tv and the ones that do get state run TV.  Internet is censored etc.  These are farmers and regular folk.  They get a few years of school then go tend to the farms.

I don't even know what Jay is talking about.

Lets be honest... politicians change their views on things all the time.  Especially when elections loom.

i'm perfectly okay with a politician saying "in the past i supported this and that, but as i've looked into the issues more, i question if that's the best policy at this time." of course, none of them really do that.

I have. So since you want to stop meddling in the affair of others, you would be in favor of lifting all sanctions immediately and basically let Israel deal with Iran. The neocons would shit the bed over that.

The deal as I see it is more of a middle ground approach.

Israel is more than capable of dealing with them but we wouldn't let them. Because we meddle.

Iranian citizens actually despise their leadership and how hard line it has become. Iran used to be one of the technological and social leaders in the middle east not long ago

But.you wont hear that from the fox news blonde brigade

How do you know? I think many conservatives know that which is why they wanted Obama to support their nascent revolution a while back and why they don't want Obama to throw the Iranian regime a lifeline right now.

The fact that Iran is not secure about the future of their regime leads them to think short term, which is very dangerous.

The bottom line on this issue is: Will this deal prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons?

The answer is probably not. So, we have a desperate regime that believes that they can affect the apocalypse not sure if it can hold on to the next generation. That's very bad.

Edited by Juan Savage

So what about not having a deal was preventing Iran from getting nuclear weapons? The sanctions didn't seem to be preventing anything. Neither did the lack of inspections. At least now they have a chance to prove everybody right or wrong about their intentions.

And don;t we have a few shining examples of what happens when we destabilize governments?

I completely agree. mt's solution is idealistic and would probably get a lot of support here but it's not realistic. We do meddle, always have, probably always will. That being the case, what else can we do?

when has our meddling been helpful?  Your argument seems to be "we've been screwing up by meddling, but since that is what we've always done, we should keep doing it"