• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fire Butcher

nando714

Needs to be the scapegoat

4 quality starts i believe

3..1-2-3 innings the last 4 games vs Hou/Minn

Pathetic numbers all around

The blame is on Scioscia. What is firing Butcher going to do? Scioscia hired a bunch of yes men after the only talented coaches we had left. He put guys in those positions that he knew would kiss his ass and never challenge him. He had all the control when Reagins was GM, just the way the power hungry, micro managing, joke of a manager likes it.

I have said this before and I will put it on record now, the Angels will never win like they believe they want to with Scioscia at the helm.

Unbelievable. You people KNEW the pitching was awful going in. You KNEW the offense would have to score 6+ runs every freaking game. Now you act surprised and astounded that our new pitchers are who we thought they were in the off season? Talk about short term memory..

Denny Green!? We need some of his fire.

The blame is on Scioscia. What is firing Butcher going to do? Scioscia hired a bunch of yes men after the only talented coaches we had left. He put guys in those positions that he knew would kiss his ass and never challenge him. He had all the control when Reagins was GM, just the way the power hungry, micro managing, joke of a manager likes it.

I have said this before and I will put it on record now, the Angels will never win like they believe they want to with Scioscia at the helm.

I dont disagree with you

I just think Butch is the most flexible scapegoat right now

It can't hurt to go in a different direction.

These pitchers were not THIS bad in 2012.

Replacing the hitting coach worked in 2012, granted Eppard may not be the long term answer.

Isn't it possible that either they are tuning out Butcher or he isn't able to communicate effectively? You can work as hard as you can, but if you can't communicate, it does no good.

It can't hurt to go in a different direction.

These pitchers were not THIS bad in 2012.

Replacing the hitting coach worked in 2012, granted Eppard may not be the long term answer.

Isn't it possible that either they are tuning out Butcher or he isn't able to communicate effectively? You can work as hard as you can, but if you can't communicate, it does no good.

I have no opinion of whether they keep Butcher or not. Using your premise AO, do you want players on your team that tune out their coaches?

I just don't see how getting a new pitching coach is going to help. 

These guys are adults and need to know what they're doing. If the guys he gets can't pitch, they can't pitch. 

No amount of coach changing is going to change that. 

No need for a pitching coach then. Just lay him off then and save money.

It's worth a shot bringing in someone else. 

Each Pitcher has their own tweaks and issues that they need to get ironed out in order to be successful.  It's just too much of a coincidence that none of them have been able to do that so far and have pitched significantly worse than their career numbers would indicate they should.  Sure time could make things better, but why the whole staff?