• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cardinals

I'm pumped for the season. Palmer is back healthy. The offensive line is really improved. Hope we find a cb across patrick Peterson and dryl Washington gets reinstated. I think we can compete with seahawks for the west.

I don't think youre getting past the L.A. Rams.

Edited by Ray McKigney

It really is inexplicable, in a way.  Waino goes down, but everyone moves up and Garcia comes in and they have the best starting ERA in the majors.  Jaime Garcia, the oft injured lefty, has been incredible so far.  1.8x ERA and a WHIP around 1.0.  As long as he stays healthy, the rotation is looking very strong.

Holliday goes on the DL with a quad injury, so Heyward heats up and starts slugging.  Grichuk (sorry, Angel fans) has really been raking, that is when he doesnt strike out.  But, I think one of the real keys is Kolten Wong at the top of the line-up.  He leads all NL 2B in slugging and is #2 in OPS at the position.  He plays a great D and has good power.  He's been a real spark so far this season.

But, it's a long season and the playoffs can be a crapshoot; however, if the Cards can keep that starting ERA below 3.00, that's going to be tough to beat.

Because they're a well-built team from the ground up. They flourish because they make incredibly smart trades and FA signings without sacrificing their prospects. Their strength as an organization was very clear the moment they were able to convince Jerry Dipoto to give away Grichuck and Bourjos.

Edited by failos

Their current GM hacks other teams computer data bases for scouting reports. It appears they flourish by breaking the law.

Nice try, but no.  It has yet to be determined if the GM had anything to do with it.  More likely, a low level underling in the scouting department.  Let's hold off the condemnation of the GM until the facts are known. 

pitching, defense and speed.

note that a Bourjos HR made the difference in a game last week.

having the best catcher in baseball (take that my SF Giants friends) helps.

Well, the best DEFENSIVE catcher.

the other night on MLB, they switched to AT&T Park with Posey up, bases loaded, Giants leading Nats 1-0.

first pitch -- grand slam --

I think Posey locked up the ASG starting nod right there.

of course, the Cardinals still have a chance to hack into the MLB voting system and change some results..........