• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

"I Side With" Presidential Candidate Poll

I think when you choose from "other positions" those are directly attributable to one of the candidates and carry more weight. If you stick to the yes/no answers I think you get a more accurate reading.

My splits are odd too, because I favor gun control, military reduction and the Affordable Care Act, but I stand on the Republican side on issues like immigration (not giving illegals access to government programs, doing away with "anchor babies", etc.) and I am pro-life.

Funny, I am similar on most of these issues (though more pro choice than pro life), but Rubio came up as my most similar candidate.

I think when you choose from "other positions" those are directly attributable to one of the candidates and carry more weight. If you stick to the yes/no answers I think you get a more accurate reading.

But sticking to yes/no takes out any nuance. For example, I don't like Obamacare, but I do support a single-payer system (that is, truly universal health care even if it greatly increases taxes).

I wasn't all that surprised:

Sanders - 98%

On economic, domestic, environmental, and foreign policies, social, immigration, healthcare, and education issues

Clinton - 85%

On domestic & foreign policy, social, healthcare, immigration, and healthcare issues

O'Malley - 73%

On domestic policy, economic, social, healthcare, & immigration issues

Huckabee - 36%

On healthcare issues (interesting)

Christie - 27%

On environmental & healthcare issues (really?)

Paul - 25%

On foreign policy issues (not surprising)

Bush - 16%

On environmental issues (huh?)

Carson - 12%

Walker - 10%

Santorum - 9%

Cruz & Perry - 7%

Graham - 5%

Fiorina - 4%

Rubio - 3 %

I find it absolutely astounding that I agree with Santorum, Cruz, & Perry on anything.

But sticking to yes/no takes out any nuance. For example, I don't like Obamacare, but I do support a single-payer system (that is, truly universal health care even if it greatly increases taxes).

So does Sanders (although he is strongly "Medicare for all").

I think where this poll is different is that you can answer more questions (to point to specifics), but also how important they are to you personally.

So does Sanders (although he is strongly "Medicare for all").

Yes, which is essentially the same thing - at least for care received.

We must be the only developed country that doesn't have some semblance of universal health care. I know, Obamacare - but people still have to pay a huge sum to get it, plus the care options are limited. It is better than what we had, but let's not rest on our laurels.

Edited by Angelsjunky

A system like Canada's would have been pretty much dead on. I never had to worry about medical expenses for my grandparents. Our profit-driven system with everything dictated by companies with a profit motive is disgraceful, but I don't know that I will see a complete departure from it in my lifetime.

80% rubio

80% paul

75% scott walker

73% rick perry

73% lindsey graham

69% clinton

Centrist

Your political beliefs would be considered Centrist on an ideological scale

i answered yes or no to everything and rushed through it. Hell the only ones that were below 50% for me was Trump and Martin O'mally

Edited by Poozy

Candidates you side with...

73% Rand Paul

72% Bernie Sanders

65% Hillary Clinton

55% Jeb Bush

54% Scott Walker

54% Marco Rubio

53% Ben Carson

52% Rick Santorum

51% Ted Cruz

51% Martin O'Malley

46% Mike Huckabee

44% Donald Trump

44% Rick Perry

39% Chris Christie

34% Lindsey Graham

33% Carly Fiorina

Was listening to the Hannity show today. When they played the speech Christie said today after he announced his run for presidency (which was actually really good), some Republican dude was bashing Christie big time and of course Hannity not defending Christie at all.

Why the hell do Republicans hate the guy so much? He's your best chance at winning the presidency TBO.

If they weren't on complete opposite sides of the Union spectrum I would love for them to run and prez/vice prez.

Rubio and Paul top 2, agree with economics most.  Sanders and O'Malley bottom 2, only agree with Sanders on social issues.  All I care about is lowering taxes because no matter who is in charge they don't spend the money wisely anyway. Too bad most candidates who want to lower taxes and fix America economically are socially inept which will greatly hurt their chances of election because it seems most Americans these days care about social issues much more than economic issues.