• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Don't take my guns Cons

I do and I posted it earlier.

In my opinion, not keeping the license up to date for the deadly weapon you have is far more serious than drugs and absolutely should require jail.  In fact a major sentence of 3+ years.  Owning a gun comes with a lot of responsibility.

In my opinion, that is an outrageous opinion.

Once again, what gun license are we talking about? Do other states require a license that expires to won a firearm? California doesn't unless it's a CCW thing

No I know of but what is wrong with a license that expires before you can purchase Another?

I had nearly forgotten the gun control argument living in a state where Republicans and Democrats get A ratings from the NRA.  I do wonder what the argument would be like if it was these guys screaming for gun control and not the left.

Republican-leadership.jpg

The thing with access is gang bangers are still going to kill gang bangers. It's the kids accessing or maybe stopping the impulsive gun grab and shoot.

It's just such an epidemic that instead of simply identifying crazy or probable killer that maybe we need to look at how guns are out into circulation. A lot of crimes and murders aren't done with black market guns (and the ones that are done are bad guys killing bad guys), it's regular dudes with easy access to guns.

What is it, a 30 day waiting period to obtain a gun?

By the way, I flipped on this issue and used to be pro guns. But there is a bigger problem than just some college age kids shooting up places and people coming up with excuses like videogames.

i like what you've said here. 

i'd like to see a license required for owning and keeping a gun, something you have to renew every xxx years, like a driver's license. it should include sections on how to properly store your weapon as well as safety requirements. etc. Maybe this helps to begin to address the issue of accessibility.

i'd like to see the gov't go hard after black market guns. this should be a very high priority.

Edited by Tank

It would be a mistake to say that efforts to battle drugs have wholly failed. Of course, determined people will still get drugs, but drug use declined at various times.

I also don't think that you'd want to decriminalize meth, do you?

i hope that it would be more effective than how they've battled against drugs.

It would be a mistake to say that efforts to battle drugs have wholly failed. Of course, determined people will still get drugs, but drug use declined at various times.

I would, at least the non-violent use of meth (and all drugs). Production and distribution are another story.

Absolutely. At least people choose to use drugs (in most cases). You don't get to choose if a gun is used against you or not.

You totally reversed things there.  You talk about the drug user and about the gun victim.

Did the victim of a rape caused by someone on drugs choose to be raped?  How about people killed by drug impaired drivers?

A fair point, both can obviously have negative consequences on others.

Edit: Out of curiosity I looked up the amount of deaths in the US caused by firearms vs. drunk driving and they are very close (2013 statistics per CDC website). 10,076 killed by drunk driving. 11,208 caused by firearms.

Edited by HeavenlyHalos

i'd like to see a license required for owning and keeping a gun, something you have to renew every xxx years, like a driver's license. it should include sections on how to properly store your weapon as well as safety requirements. etc. Maybe this helps to begin to address the issue of accessibility.

i'd like to see the gov't go hard after black market guns. this should be a very high priority.

Many states do require licenses to keep guns that have expiration dates.

it's hard to know how effective gov't efforts against drugs have been. i'll agree there have been times when it seems they've been more successful, especially at finding huge drug stockpiles that people try to smuggle in, but we still have a huge drug problem that doesn't seem to be going away.

the growing cry for some drugs to be de-criminalized is not something i support, and likely never will.

Sure, why not?

However, you don't decriminalize anything illegal done under the influence of meth. Kinda like with guns. Legal to have and use them, not legal to do terrible things with them.