• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Don't take my guns Cons

I agree with Brandon MT.  Guns make tankers full of money, flipping bad loans made boat loads of money for someone.  Nobody can go up against the NRA and Wall Street does what they want.  What other rights are Americans going to hand over to these people?

Know one way to shut down the black market?  Start putting people in jail if they cannot produce the gun they are licensed for.  Also put them in jail if they own a gun with an expired license.  Finally, hold them responsible for crimes committed with guns they owned but were lost or stolen because of negligence or no police report being filed timely.

Know one way to shut down the black market?  Start putting people in jail if they cannot produce the gun they are licensed for.  Also put them in jail if they own a gun with an expired license.  Finally, hold them responsible for crimes committed with guns they owned but were lost or stolen because of negligence or no police report being filed timely.

I agree with enforcement of laws we already have. I'm not sure which license expires though

The thing with access is gang bangers are still going to kill gang bangers. It's the kids accessing or maybe stopping the impulsive gun grab and shoot.

It's just such an epidemic that instead of simply identifying crazy or probable killer that maybe we need to look at how guns are out into circulation. A lot of crimes and murders aren't done with black market guns (and the ones that are done are bad guys killing bad guys), it's regular dudes with easy access to guns.

What is it, a 30 day waiting period to obtain a gun?

By the way, I flipped on this issue and used to be pro guns. But there is a bigger problem than just some college age kids shooting up places and people coming up with excuses like videogames.

Prohibition would cause a huge shoot out.  As I have stated, no problem with the 2nd Amendment.  But just why massive quantities of them (um NRA money).  They had a judge or something out here, know it is Texas so bad example, killed the D.A.'s and ones wife.  Guy had a self storage you could back a big boat in filled with them.   I know there will always be illegal guns out there that can kill us.  My point is if you can monitor our phone calls and read this post I am making, should you not know someone has an arsenal?  

I know I have a right to buy 3,000 lawn mowers.  One day I realize I am paying storage for them, one will come out headed for someones lawn. 

I'm not super passionate about this issue. I'm not a gun guy. But, I don't trust the government and the right to bear arms is in the constitution to give us the ability to protect ourselves from an oppressive and tyrannical government not to shoot cans, deer, prairie dogs or burglars. 

I'm sure there are a bunch of crazy vatos along the Mexican border hoping for a better black market for firearms. 

”Educated” people probably have less tools, knives, work shops, children, and opposite sex partners as well. Doesn't mean that any of those things are undesirable. It's just cultural differences.

Source?

Pro tip: "I just pulled this out of my ass" is not a reliable source.

Those countries have an easier job of keeping the supply of guns down. I don't think that will be easy to accomplish in our country for a lot of reasons. 

Prohibition hasn't worked in this country

Mexico has strict gun control and it has a much higher murder rate. Why? Also, the murder rate in the US isn't uniform throughout the country. Some states with very high ownership have low murder rates. Why?

I'm not super passionate about this issue. I'm not a gun guy. But, I don't trust the government and the right to bear arms is in the constitution to give us the ability to protect ourselves from an oppressive and tyrannical government not to shoot cans, deer, prairie dogs or burglars. 

I'm sure there are a bunch of crazy vatos along the Mexican border hoping for a better black market for firearms. 

Oddly, except for security or law enforcement or military.  It is illegal to have guns in Mexico.  It's working out well for them so far.

Yes, this very strategy has worked so very well in the war on drugs.  Amazing we didn't think of it earlier.

Yes, this very strategy has worked so very well in the war on drugs.  Amazing we didn't think of it earlier.

So lets see.  So far we shouldn't prohibit guns, we shouldn't hold gun owners responsible.  What else is there?

Drugs just hurt the people that take them.  Guns kill innocent people.  I would hope there would be more benevolence from the gun lobby.

Still my favorite argument is that we have so many guns we couldn't do it.  Shouldn't we start now so in a few generations we are actually abolished of this scourge?

and somebody who has just let their license expire has harmed who?  Do you honestly want people taking up jail space for that?

That strategy just doesn't work. 

If they let their lisence expire, take their guns away for a period of time.  Fine their asses. 

Jail is stupid.

No.drugs don't just hurt the people taking them.

So lets see. So far we shouldn't prohibit guns, we shouldn't hold gun owners responsible. What else is there?

Drugs just hurt the people that take them. Guns kill innocent people. I would hope there would be more benevolence from the gun lobby.

Still my favorite argument is that we have so many guns we couldn't do it. Shouldn't we start now so in a few generations we are actually abolished of this scourge?

Do you have any evidence that gun control reduces crime?

So lets see. So far we shouldn't prohibit guns, we shouldn't hold gun owners responsible. What else is there?

Drugs just hurt the people that take them. Guns kill innocent people. I would hope there would be more benevolence from the gun lobby.

Still my favorite argument is that we have so many guns we couldn't do it. Shouldn't we start now so in a few generations we are actually abolished of this scourge?

Do you have any evidence that gun control reduces crime?

I do and I posted it earlier.

and somebody who has just let their license expire has harmed who?  Do you honestly want people taking up jail space for that?

That strategy just doesn't work. 

If they let their lisence expire, take their guns away for a period of time.  Fine their asses. 

Jail is stupid.

In my opinion, not keeping the license up to date for the deadly weapon you have is far more serious than drugs and absolutely should require jail.  In fact a major sentence of 3+ years.  Owning a gun comes with a lot of responsibility.