• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bud Black is available -- has had a week off........

yeah, let's not change anything -- after making some off season moves, we're at .500 in a weak division about 5 games back......

let's keep this going............

but you're right -- Black is going to enjoy the PAID time off and then look around and see what's available at the end of the year.

I think the Angels should snap him up while they can -- not sure what went wrong for him in SD for him, his first (or second) season there, the Padres pumped a lot of money to get players and the Padres bolted out the game and led the NL West for much the season only to fold big time starting in July -- and then this year, the Padres made a lot of off-season noise and the Padres just didn't seem to be able to launch from day one..........

but I still like Bud Black and think that he helps make Scioscia a better manager.

Honestly I would love to have him back. But he was a manager for quite some time. I can't image him not getting a managing offer in the offseason.

I have seen some former managers go back to being coaches, but the better ones get other managing gigs.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

What is that saying about Don Baylor?

That he was diagnosed with a life threatening disease in 2003 and chose to coach rather than manage?    I didn't think he was a great manager, but I doubt he would have gone this long without a job had he wanted one...

Fact of the matter is Baylor was pretty widely respected around MLB.

Edited by Inside Pitch

That he was diagnosed with a life threatening disease in 2003 and chose to coach rather than manage? I didn't think he was a great manager, but I doubt he would have gone this long without a job had he wanted one...

Fact of the matter is Baylor was pretty widely respected around MLB.

I agree.