• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 LA Kings Thread

Thomas

God I love a doughty bomb

That was pretty bad ass

Listening to interviews with players so far this season the common thing said is how important winning games right now are. Winning games vs division foes throughout the year and winning the division. You didn't hear that last yr or the year before. I feel like years past they just thought it was ok the go through the motions and get hot at the end of the season. I think missing the playoffs last year did a lot of good for this team. I know they can't win all the games but for them to put a emphasis on games right now is awesome to see.

I want to start by saying I hate the Kings because I am about to compliment them a bunch.

Kevin of the Kevin and Bean show on KROQ is a gigantic Kings fan, and has used his celebrity (loosely defined here) to become friends with some of his sports heroes like Landon Donovan and Luc Robitaille.  They have had Luc Robitaille on several times since he joined the Kings front office and I have to say he comes across as one of the most genuine people I have ever heard.  Not only with his passion for hockey, but for the fans as well.  He is funny, charismatic and very down to earth.

Anyway Kevin runs a charity for abused women and children shelters, and this is a big time of year for them because they put together stockings and presents for the children at these shelters for Christmas.  Luc approached Kevin and offered to have a charity event at the Kings practice facility where the players and Luc would be there signing swag and taking pictures if people brought in an unwrapped toy or did one of the other charity donations.  I thought it was really cool.

I was a fan of Luc's when he played and am definitely a fan of his now.  Really great person to have as a part the team.

http://www.friendsandhelpers.org/

December 2nd | 4pm to 7pm | El Segundo Toyota Sports Center | LA Kings Practice Facility
555 N Nash St, El Segundo, CA 90245
Meet Kevin from KROQ, Luc Robitaille, and other LA Kings players! Join us for this special drop-off event alongside our partner, Kings Care Foundation.

When I was 12 around (90/91) I worked in a baseball card shop. The owner was tight with Luc and had him do signings in Buena Park. If I had been motivated enough I could of hung out at one of the signings but I didn't get around to it. Kick myself occasionally over that one.