• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

This is the first game I have watched all season with playoffs and football in full affect. Well I I only caught the 3Rd period. I have been checking the box scores lately and it seems as if we are just getting worked night in and night out. If anyone has enough patience to give me a synopsis on why we are so ass to start this season?

To me it just looks like there is no continuity with any line right now, new guys all over the place. Andersen looked ok from what I saw. But our entire offense looks like a cluster fk with guys bunched together taking shit shots and as a result we give up a lot of 2 on 1's the other way.

Edited by Ochocinco!

1st, Freddie Anderson is not the answer in net long term.  Thank god Gibson got that contract because it just cant be Anderson.  The guy literally barfs up a trash goal at least once every game.  This time it took him all of 45 seconds.  That was a sorry ****ing goal. The team cant buy a goal right now for several reasons.  If Freddie cant be bothered to ****ing get his head in the game when the puck drops what are we doing here.  Get it over with and bring up Gibson.   this group cant survive retarded goals like that getting surrendered right now. Bottom line, need more from the starting goalie.

2nd,  No chemistry.  The coaches need to figure this out because ther new personnel here are not going to disappear.  Bruce keeps mixing up the lines (per always) and imo its compounding the problem. 

3rd,  Tonight was better, but these guys are not skating hard.  Only 20 hits tonight !?! wtf is that.  Its not the hard forechecking hockey that we've seen over the last 3 years thats for sure.  This is probably the most disappointing aspect.  When things aren't going your way you have out work your opponents.  I'd characterize the Sharks as a better team in the league, but Arizona, Vancouver and Colorado are not the strong teams in the West (though Arizona might change that early assumption,  they looked good) Right now the Ducks are not out working anyone and its ****ing sorry to watch.

4th, Perry got laid out twice in the 3rd period and none of these morons did anything about it.  This is related to the point above.  Where the **** is the fire on this team? Whats the point of a ****ing worthless goon like Jackman drawing into the line up if he's not gonna answer the bell on your best scorer getting decked.  Just bullshit.  

1 goal in 4 games, shut out in 3 of 4.  Its really early but holy shit, it feels like its time start mashing the panic button right about now.  They look ****ing awful.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Reports on twitter saying Shea Theodore has been called up. I'm assuming Despres is going to miss some time.

Hopefully he can provide the firm kick up the ass this team needs.

Apparently Holzer is coming up too, which might indicate no Despres and Stoner for awhile.

Its only 4 games into the season, but something seems very wrong here. How do you look damn good in preseason and then shit the bed? This team was one win away from the SCF last season--was all of this roster overhaul necessary? Could it have ****ed with team chemistry?

I'd honestly like to see Ritchie called up from San Diego and see if he can give this team a shot in the arm. 

I saw Gibson, Ritchie, and Theodore in San Diego last night. They're not going to save us.

Gibson looked good from the 3rd period on (It went to a shootout - Gulls win.They're 2-0). In the first 2 periods he looked like crap. His head was somewhere else. He gave up 5 goals.

Ritchie is not ready for the NHL.

Theodore: I don't know. He didn't look like anything special last night. 

i think the problem is everyone just kind of expects the Ws to come, especially since everyone thought they should have been the team in the finals last year.

and everyone expects them to get to the finals this year.

so the work effort is just not there.

i think they will be fine. but they need to figure it out asap.

they were so dominant in pre-season, every game with set lines.

and two minutes into game one they start line juggling.

My biggest problems with the team so far is,

1. Getzlaf has been pedestrian (at best) so far this year, and

2. The team is simply not hitting.

For the first problem, I don't know if #15 is 100% healthy or not, but right now he is not looking like a 1C. For that I think it would be worth re-looking at a Sekac-Rakell-Pery line again. Perry and Rakell looked somewhat promising in the pre-season and not so much when they were separated. Both Rakell and Perry have done very little in the last few games so it could be worth a shot.

And two, the Ducks is a forechecking team that, as of now, is not hitting. I mean nobody is really hitting, and that lack of hitting is just as baffling to me as the lack of scoring.  

Also, I really like Cogs but I really hope coach BB put him on the 4th line. He has pretty much no offensive capability whatsoever. He has never gelled with Kesler or Rakell, never helped to create a scoring chance. Cogs is not as skilled as Kesler and Silfverberg and Rakell has looked more potent with Sekac.

/rant over.

4th, Perry got laid out twice in the 3rd period and none of these morons did anything about it.  This is related to the point above.  Where the **** is the fire on this team? Whats the point of a ****ing worthless goon like Jackman drawing into the line up if he's not gonna answer the bell on your best scorer getting decked.  Just bullshit.  

Yeah, the first one was BS.  The second was clean.  But Getz or Maroon or Bieska should have done something.  Just like when Fowler took care of business a few games ago.  Fowler!