• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

I want to get down to SD and catch a few Gulls games this season.  If they build a nice following I wonder what will happen with that arena.  That place was a dump when I use to go down there as a kid and has been largely unchanged minus the new scoreboard. Is there any other arenas that they could upgrade to in SD?

No, if there was they would be playing there instead of at VVCC. The only other decent sized arena in San Diego is at SDSU, and that's basketball only. 

In 10 years or so, if the Gulls are a long term success, I could see them going in on an arena with SDSU.

I want to get down to SD and catch a few Gulls games this season.  If they build a nice following I wonder what will happen with that arena.  That place was a dump when I use to go down there as a kid and has been largely unchanged minus the new scoreboard. Is there any other arenas that they could upgrade to in SD?

I think the important things to note about the Sports Arena are (1) it's old and it shows it's age. But it's clean and they're improving it steadily. They need to hire a good designer. Some of their decorating lacks a quality appearance. (2) The width of the seats and leg room are excellent. Smaller arena and the seats have good sight lines. There may not be a bad seat in the Honda Center, but I think the cheaper seats here are better. And, the better seats are more comfortable.

this is an ugly one, but i'm not ready to get to worked up yet.  Lots of new personnel, the team just has no chemistry right now.  

I think the move is right to put Maroon back on the top line.  I like how Sekac was playing.  But he doesn't seem to fit well on the top line.  I think Getzlaf works better with net crashers.  Sekac is more of a skater and puck handler.