• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

kesler better get a selke nod.

20+ goals and 50+ points.

he's been a PPG since christmas.

top defensive forward on top defensive team.

top PK forward on top PK team.

first in NHL in a bunch of stats (faceoffs, SH TOI, blocked shots, etc).

Dude has been our most important player this year.

And he's a beast in the playoffs.

What a great signing he's been. 

Never know, the Ducks have made a habit of digging up goalies. Probably better then any other team in the last decade or more.

Bryzgalov

Hiller

Fasth

Andersen

We even somehow managed to get some life out of Dan Ellis and Ray Emery, when was that 2010 or 2011 ?

Holy hell, I totally forgot that the Ellis/Emery thing happened. The things we block out of our memory...

I think Khudobin is probably a pretty decent NHL back up goalie.  We didn't really get much of a look at him.  He's been one the best AHL goalies this season.  As far as next season goes, his agent says he's going to the KHL.  The guy really wants to start.  He may yet end up back in the NHL if he does well over there.  good luck to him.

It was announced that Perron has a separated shoulder and will be out 4-6 weeks, Anderson is out with a concussion, Lindholm is out tonight with an illness(probably that flu that was going around the locker room)

and Rakell is out for a week with appendicitis.  Wagner and Khudobin were called up from SD.  hope everyone heals up and gets out on the ice before the playoff start.

Wait, when did Andersen get a concussion?  It could explain why he just wasn't his self against Calgary in relief.  But I don't recall any collisions he received during that game. 

With Perron, that was expected.  Not sure if that is better or worse than a broken colarbone. 

Rakell with appendicitis was unexpected.  Must have drank the same drank as Getzlaf. 

It is hard not to be a little concerned that there may be complications with either Rakell or Freddie and that could prove quite a problem. Perron is about what I was expecting and hopefully he'll be back for the second round, if we make it. Rakell is a very high chance of being back for the first round, if he can avoid any setbacks. Freddie? Well who knows. This does make it very likely Gibson is the #1 going into the playoffs and that is probably for the best anyway. But we sure as hell want to have Freddie available in the playoffs because the idea of Dobby appearing in the net in the playoffs is horrifying.

The Perron thing like you guys said is as expected. I'm confused as shit about Andersen. Who knows what happened there. Maybe he banged his head when he was flopping around lol (he really did look out of sorts actually thinking back on it) I agree that it should be Gibson anyways, as long as we don't have to bank on Khudobin for any extended period im not worried about him, tho I don't feel great about him being the safety net in a long run . Which is what we're all hoping for right ? Hopefully Andersen gets right.

Rakell is apparently on the same schedule that Getzlaf was on. Getzlaf missed 4 games. Kind of unfortunate for our divison chances but he'll be back for playoffs I have no doubt. Lindholm is a non concern. Pretty much like you guys said.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I think Khudobin is probably a pretty decent NHL back up goalie.  We didn't really get much of a look at him.  He's been one the best AHL goalies this season.  As far as next season goes, his agent says he's going to the KHL.  The guy really wants to start.  He may yet end up back in the NHL if he does well over there.  good luck to him.

Yep. Khudobin was great in Boston & had 1 good year with Carolina. I'm confident he'll at least be better than what Dallas & Calgary has had as goalies this year as Niemi, Lehtonen, Ramo & Hiller have been awful.

Gibson has a chance to seal the deal on being the starter for the playoffs with Andersen out with a concussion.

Stat wise Gibson is a .920% & Andersen a .917%, a strong finish rest of the season should get Gibson up to .925% save percentage.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

Never know, the Ducks have made a habit of digging up goalies. Probably better then any other team in the last decade or more.

Bryzgalov

Hiller

Fasth

Andersen

We even somehow managed to get some life out of Dan Ellis and Ray Emery, when was that 2010 or 2011 ?

What I like most about that list is that they got Fasth & Hiller as Free Agents, Fasth later was traded to the Oilers for a draft pick.

Then you have Andersen who was a 4th round pick, Bryz who was a 2nd rounder & Gibson also a 2nd rounder, didnt have to use a 1st round pick on a goalie like other teams have or pay insane amounts of money like Philly did for Bryz or Vancouver on R Miller

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP