• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

I've gone back and forth a few times on this.  I think im sticking with my preference of winning the division and playing Nashville though.  Aside from getting home ice, which I think is important.  Nashville gives us a few positive matchups that I think are pretty big.  Their PK is about the same as the Sharks, which is not great.  They also don't have a very formidable PP.  San Jose has one of the best in the league.  In playoffs, the special teams battle will be huge.  We also should have a solid advantage vs. Nashville in the face off circle.  San Jose isn't fantastic but Joe Thornton is.  I'd rather not have Kesler canceled out by Joe Thornton.  Dominating the draw is I think a critical part of the Ducks game.  So give me the weakest opponent possible in that regard.  San Jose is a higher scoring 5 on 5 team as well.  Rinne has the pedigree to be sure, but this season.  Martin Jones has been the better goalie.  Maybe we can catch Rinne in his off year.  Finally, San Jose has the benefit of basically no expectations this year.  For them, this is new and I think it makes them sort of dangerous.  

Bottom line, its a pick your poison situation.  Nashville is very good, but so are the Sharks IMO.  I'm sticking with preferring Nashville and the division title.  <crosses fingers>

Edited by UndertheHalo

preds are getting hot at the right time.

sharks we know well, and have success against.

we should be fine vs anyone.

at some point we have to beat the kings or hawks in the playoffs, because we sh*t the bed vs them so bad recently.

losing when we were the better team.

might as well go through them now.

kings vs hawks in first round, if the preds pass them, would be awesome.

Ritchie back down to San Diego, which I'm happy to see. The reality is his time has not arrived yet and that has become very clear from his play. A fourth line of Horcoff, Nate and Garbutt practically gives us a second shutdown option and I'm happier seeing that than trying to milk a little more offense out by playing Ritchie.

Ritchie back down to San Diego, which I'm happy to see. The reality is his time has not arrived yet and that has become very clear from his play. A fourth line of Horcoff, Nate and Garbutt practically gives us a second shutdown option and I'm happier seeing that than trying to milk a little more offense out by playing Ritchie.

agreed,  ideally he should have been down a while ago.  Ritchie isn't ready for the NHL yet.  I think Horcoff, Thompson, and Garbutt combined with Cogs, Kesler, and Silfverberg should make us a nightmare in the playoffs.