• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

how about perron?

i mean that deal was a win purely for getting rid of hagelin's contract.

anything perron adds is just icing.

i did not expect him to perform like his.

he meshes so well with getz, they slow it down and totally control the play.

would still love someone other that stewart up there but he doesn't seem to be hurting anything.

what if we went for a rental, and instead of a wing we sent a first to carolina for staal.

which moves rakell back to the wing where he has excelled.

can you imagine that

perron - getz - stewart

rakell - staal - perry

maroon/cogliano - kesler - silf

thompson's grinders

could be fun. but i think they ship off vatanen for young / cost controlled winger.

vatanen for tatar?

dude is filthy, and redwings need D.

check him out:

Edited by mrwicked

how about perron?

i mean that deal was a win purely for getting rid of hagelin's contract.

anything perron adds is just icing.

i did not expect him to perform like his.

he meshes so well with getz, they slow it down and totally control the play.

would still love someone other that stewart up there but he doesn't seem to be hurting anything.

what if we went for a rental, and instead of a wing we sent a first to carolina for staal.

which moves rakell back to the wing where he has excelled.

can you imagine that

perron - getz - stewart

rakell - staal - perry

maroon/cogliano - kesler - silf

thompson's grinders

could be fun. but i think they ship off vatanen for young / cost controlled winger.

vatanen for tatar?

dude is filthy, and redwings need D.

check him out:

I am all for Vats for Tatar.  Staal as a rental would be pretty sick.

If Perron continues the way he does.  Do we have to entertain a long term offer?  He makes $4.5 million, although the Ducks are on the hook for only $2 of that.  On one hand, I think he's going to be too expensive.  But what if you could get him for in the $3 range? 

With the way things are clicking right now, I think Vatanen for prospects/picks just makes too much sense.  Especially since he isn't a one year rental for some team.  But Vats for Tatar does make some sense.  Just worried about his size, since this team is a grinding team. 

Ducks: Avoids spending to the cap & Signs 1 year deal contracts with FAs instead of potential disasters like Brad Richards, Bryzgalov etc.

Angels: Sign big name FAs who are over 30 that put the team near the luxury tax.

I'd disagree on this one.  Perry, Getzlaf, Kessler.  Any one of them can have just chewed up the cap with dead money.  The good thing is, Perry and Getzlaf were home grown, so if they made a mistake, it would have at least been with one of ours.  Bieska was looking like a mistake in November, but looks like he was more adjusting to the system and has looked good now. 

I thought Fowler looked a bit more comfortable last night. Definitely not great tho. Depres did not look good on a few plays in the 1st period. Mostly not stepping up and eliminating skating lanes thus getting beat a few times. Ididn't notice him much after the 1st, usually in my mind that's generally a good thing for a defenseman. Vatanens worst moment I thought was late in the 3rd, forced a poorly conceived shot that ended up being turned over and went the either way quickly. It was something of a lazy play. I'm sure there were others I didn't notice. Mostly I thought the team played very well defensively yesterday. The game was not close, Ducks dominated them. If we bring the same game to Phoenix tonight it should be a win.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I think he has been ok just not standing out like he was early in the season.  Cam had another brutal game, I wonder how close he is to 100%.

Weird how Boudreau gave him the most Ice time followed by Vatanen for the teams Defensemen while Lindholm had less ice time than even Bieksa.

With how he has played over past 15+ games Lindholm/Manson should be playing top pairing minutes.

Especially since his offense game is starting to pick back up.

Its interesting how he scores his goals.....they all seem to happen when he suddenly jumps into the attack at the right moment catching everyone off guard.

If Perron continues the way he does.  Do we have to entertain a long term offer?  He makes $4.5 million, although the Ducks are on the hook for only $2 of that.  On one hand, I think he's going to be too expensive.  But what if you could get him for in the $3 range? 

With the way things are clicking right now, I think Vatanen for prospects/picks just makes too much sense.  Especially since he isn't a one year rental for some team.  But Vats for Tatar does make some sense.  Just worried about his size, since this team is a grinding team. 

I'd disagree on this one.  Perry, Getzlaf, Kessler.  Any one of them can have just chewed up the cap with dead money.  The good thing is, Perry and Getzlaf were home grown, so if they made a mistake, it would have at least been with one of ours.  Bieska was looking like a mistake in November, but looks like he was more adjusting to the system and has looked good now. 

Given their past track record the Getzlaf/Perry contracts are very good & Neither are 10 year deals.

,Kopitar has won 1 more Cup than Getzlaf but 10 million for a guy who typically has less points than Getzlaf per season (except for this year) is a big overpay. Even though Kesler is overpaid its not a super bad overpay & has provided good defense, faceoff wins, speed & some offense.

Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler contracts are still nowhere near what the Angels have done. Angels have done what is comparable to Bryzgalov's Philly contract & NYR's Brad Richards deal. Rangers buying out Richards is similar to the Angels trading Hamilton to Texas & eating nearly all the money or when they cut ties to Wells.

Andersen did not look good on that 2nd goal. This game should not be tied. I guess that's how all these games with the Yotes have gone this season though. Important 3rd period coming up. Really need to get this win.

I disagree.  Can't leave Doan against the goalie with no defender.  He was just camped there, with no one covering him.  I was actually stunned that it wasn't brought up as a blown coverage.