• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

its great that they're playing better.  it really is.  but unfortunately, they've actually lost ground to the Sharks.  We have 2 in hand on Arizona so thats at least a good thing being only 2 points behind them.  Also, although we're ahead of Vancouver somehow they continue to hang around  We have San Jose and Phoenix next week.  Both huge games.  Then, a pretty long roadie.  I'm really hoping Bob is able to get something done in time for that road trip in terms of a top 6 forward.  If not, we'll see where we are after the road trip.  By the end of it we should have a pretty good idea of what our chances are. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I'm not that worried about Arizona and Vancouver.

Vancouver basicly trails Anaheim because the Ducks have 3 games in hand with the same amount of points.

Ducks have now passed both Vancouver & Arizona in +/- , Ducks are -10 while Van is -17 & -15 for Arizona.

Anaheim will pass Arizona in points if they win their next 2 games since Ducks have 2 games in hand.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

I just hope this all star break doesn't kill their momentum.

If LA beats Colorado tonight & Calgary beats Nashville tonight the Ducks will have 5 games in hand to pass over Colorado's 55 points for 8th playoff spot & 3 games in hand to pass over Nashville's 54 points.

Colorado holds the 8th playoff spot but Nashville could potentially take it over.

So if both those teams lose the Ducks only need to go 2-2-1 in next 5 games to pass over Colorado.

Then there is the Coyotes who could also struggle after the break & the Ducks get the 3rd spot in the division.

Ducks are in such a good situation :) tied for fewest games played in the western conference.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

If LA beats Colorado tonight & Calgary beats Nashville tonight the Ducks will have 5 games in hand to pass over Colorado's 55 points for 8th playoff spot & 3 games in hand to pass over Nashville's 54 points.

Colorado holds the 8th playoff spot but Nashville could potentially take it over.

So if both those teams lose the Ducks only need to go 2-2-1 in next 5 games to pass over Colorado.

Then there is the Coyotes who could also struggle after the break & the Ducks get the 3rd spot in the division.

Ducks are in such a good situation :) tied for fewest games played in the western conference.

we could definitely be in worse shape, especially considering that we basically lost 10 games in a row to start the season.  They control their destiny so with all that in mind, I guess you are right to be optimistic.  I'm still unable to entirely shake off the memories of the garbage we watched for so much of Oct -  Dec.  So I can't bring myself to be fully optimistic about them.  Getting pretty close tho, especially if a good trade is made.

As we mostly expected, Theodore has been reassigned to San Diego. Will be interesting to see if they leave him down there after the all star break

yep, as expected.

keep him fresh while the big boys take a break.

and with desires and fowler back there's just no room for him, since manson has earned his spot.

but theodore proved he is as good of a prospect as we all hoped.

the future is bright. 

this is probably the best group of young d any team has had in a long time.

just comical riches.

Edited by mrwicked

pretty good article on the ducks D situation.

check out lindholm, what a beast.

and like i said manson has totally earned a spot, he's been our second best defensemen this year.

lindholm/manson

fowler/despres

vatanen/bieksa

that's as good of group as any in hockey.

http://pucksofafeather.com/2016/01/25/anaheim-ducks-defense-what-the-statistics-say-and-whose-available/

Interesting.

Scouting the Boston Bruins and Anaheim Ducks …

• Jimmy Murphy: On the scouting list for the Bruins – Ducks game last night: Islanders, Sabres, Flames, Hurricanes, Blackhawks, Kings, Wild, Canadiens (2), Predators, Devils, Rangers, Capital and Jets.
  • Jimmy Murphy: If was going to bet, would say that many of the scouts were at the game to watch Ducks defenseman Sami Vatanen.
  • Jimmy Murphy: Ducks goalie Frederik Andersen could also be available.