• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

It all clicked for Bieksa, he has played really well.  Crazy to see him leading rushes now and even pinching deep in the offensive zone.  He has really helped the forecheck when he has been on the ice.  Something that Stoner never figured out.

Gotta remember BB will go with the veteran players and KB2 actually hasn't been terrible lately. His game is finally coming around.

yeah, I really think it might have been the system.  Now that he has gotten used to the system, it seems he is becoming the guy we were hoping for.  This team is really beginning to look like the team we were hoping for at the beginning of the season.  And if we play to our hype before the season, then even though we are fighting for that 3rd, I think we will be pushing for that first spot.

It all clicked for Bieksa, he has played really well.  Crazy to see him leading rushes now and even pinching deep in the offensive zone.  He has really helped the forecheck when he has been on the ice.  Something that Stoner never figured out.

yeah he looked just god awful for a while.

i think it just took him time to get adjusted - it happens.

made him an easy scapegoat when the entire team was sucking.

I'm cool with his play now.

i think we'll end up at #2 or #3 pretty handily.

getzlaf though looks way off.

Anaheim Ducks Defense, What The Statistics Say and Whose Available

Interesting things brought up.  But what we pretty much knew. 

I don't know why you keep reading those things gb, you will never get anything objective from homer blogs.

DucksnPucks is ok.  As far as the bloggers go they tend to not be too wild with the speculative stuff and if they are speculating they make it clear that they are.  Pucks of a Feather ive mentioned here before is pretty awful IMO.  Anaheim Calling on SB nation is also pretty good if you are looking for Ducks Centric stuff.  For hockey stuff in general Hockeysfuture.com is great for prospect info (and its all free) their forums also have tons of pretty knowledgable hockey nerds.  You can also find a good Ducks forum there.  Like any forum tho, it has its silliness. But yea, I'm just not a fan of that Pucks of Feather guy.  His takes on so many things are just dumb IMO.  Just my opinion tho of course.

Edited by UndertheHalo

DucksnPucks is ok.  As far as the bloggers go they tend to not be too wild with the speculative stuff and if they are speculating they make it clear that they are.  Pucks of a Feather ive mentioned here before is pretty awful IMO.  Anaheim Calling on SB nation is also pretty good if you are looking for Ducks Centric stuff.  For hockey stuff in general Hockeysfuture.com is great for prospect info (and its all free) their forums also have tons of pretty knowledgable hockey nerds.  You can also find a good Ducks forum there.  Like any forum tho, it has its silliness. But yea, I'm just not a fan of that Pucks of Feather guy.  His takes on so many things are just dumb IMO.  Just my opinion tho of course.

Feather guy did point out how good Lindholm has been & should be considered untouchable.

http://pucksofafeather.com/2016/01/25/anaheim-ducks-defense-what-the-statistics-say-and-whose-available/

He's also nowhere near his ceiling with him being 2 years younger than Fowler & Vatanen.

20 games for PEDs.  What a loser, hope he never plays another game as a Duck.

At least he's manning up to it. 

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-suspends-ducks-shawn-horcoff-184400551.html

36 games left.  So pretty much the last 16 games.  At that point, he will probably be the healthy scratch or released. 

my concern is more about the PK, its just less forward depth for the team which was already a weakness.  It would be nice to have Wagner or Friberg now.  Wonder if this has Bob looking for another bottom pairing center.

Im not offended by PED's, and at least he's owning it.  Its just shitty for the team.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Anybody else loving the Rakell/Perry line? They seem to be playing great together. 

One great thing that they have going is that Rakell shoots alot more than Getzlaf so teams aren't as expecting him to pass to Perry as much as Getzlaf would. This benifets Perry alot.

and Perry's assists will go up with a Center that likes to shoot more.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

Rakell and Lindholm have made themselves expensive for this off season.

And if someone gives them a monster offer sheet, it's nice that the Ducks have a good enough farm that they could say give me the picks and say so long and thanks for all the fish. 

Talking about picks.  This is how offer sheets work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offer_sheet

In the players cases, 2015-16 salaries. 

Vatannen $1.262

Andersen $1.5

Lindholm $895

Rakell $894

In think in Andersen and Vatannen's case, due to what they are to receive this year, will be an easy over $2 million offer.  Lindholm and Rakell should also be in that area.  $1.82-3.65 million contract is worth a second round pick.  And I think that's an easy match for the Ducks.  When you get over that, then we are looking at first round picks.  That's when I think you have to cut bait. 

I don't think we can afford to let Rakell walk, and to a lesser extent Lindholm. Rakell must be retained, the Ducks do not have strong scoring depth beyond Ritchie in the minors. Really, in terms of young scoring forwards Ritchie and Rakell are pretty much it for us. This is why Drouin is very appealing.

Anderson is interesting because young starting goalies have netted big returns recently. I think the best example is Martin Jones last summer. I think it's reasonable to think Anderson is more valuable having started for team for nearly An entire season and having had deep playoff run experience. He is valuable, it just seems that the market for goalies might not develop until the off season.

Bob needs to figure something out. I'm not for trading Lindholm but if it nets us significant young forward it's something we need to look at seriously. Vatanen also should be worth a good player.

I don't think we can afford to let Rakell walk, and to a lesser extent Lindholm. Rakell must be retained, the Ducks do not have strong scoring depth beyond Ritchie in the minors. Really, in terms of young scoring forwards Ritchie and Rakell are pretty much it for us. This is why Drouin is very appealing.

Anderson is interesting because young starting goalies have netted big returns recently. I think the best example is Martin Jones last summer. I think it's reasonable to think Anderson is more valuable having started for team for nearly An entire season and having had deep playoff run experience. He is valuable, it just seems that the market for goalies might not develop until the off season.

Bob needs to figure something out. I'm not for trading Lindholm but if it nets us significant young forward it's something we need to look at seriously. Vatanen also should be worth a good player.

Murray needs to move Bieksa when he's healthy, Andersen could be part of the trade as getting rid of that contract saves a ton of money for Rakell, Lindholm, Vatanen.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

If next seasons top 6D on the ducks is Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen, Shea, Despres, Manson how would you pair them up ?

Its alot of talent in those top 6 with potential of 4 of them scoring 10 goals in a season.

I really like,

Fowler-Depres

Lindholm-Manson

Vatanen/Theodore-Stoner

This season we've seen Vatanen and Bieksa paired together. At times the results have been...horrific.

Edited by UndertheHalo