• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Lolz it was obviously a kick.

There's a pretty good mutual respect with most people here where Ducks fans tend to stay out of the Kings thread and the other way around and the vast majority of people who do venture into the other thread do it for legitimate discussion purposes rather than to be a dicks.

So I guess the short version of what I am trying to see here is <mod edit>.

Edited by Thomas

Holzer was shit again tonight.  Time to see what Clendening can do IMO.  Horcoff and Santorelli not doing much lately either.

Maroon isn't scoring but man he has been physical and forced some turnovers.  The lack of scoring wouldn't be such a big deal if there weren't like six other forwards that also aren't scoring.

BB did some weird shit with the forward lines, in the third period he was double shifting Getzlaf with Stewart and Perron.

Holzer was shit again tonight.  Time to see what Clendening can do IMO.  Horcoff and Santorelli not doing much lately either.

Maroon isn't scoring but man he has been physical and forced some turnovers.  The lack of scoring wouldn't be such a big deal if there weren't like six other forwards that also aren't scoring.

BB did some weird shit with the forward lines, in the third period he was double shifting Getzlaf with Stewart and Perron.

Holzer is nothing more than an 8th D-Man (at best) who has been flung into situations he can't handle. He's really getting found out and, I agree, at this point it's worth seeing what the new guy can do because he can't be much worse.

So the day after, what do you guys really think? 

I liked what I saw from Perron so far.  He wasn't afraid to shoot the puck.  Wasn't afraid to throw the body around.  Seemed to gel well with the players. 

Overall, except for the second where the Ducks for some reason stopped pressing and played prevent defense (which never works well), I thought it was a good game.  We had plenty of opportunities to tie/win the game.  Just couldn't capitalize on it.  The kick goal was one, the open netter where our guys pretty much knocked it off each others stick was another. 

I'd be happy if they played like last nights first and third periods the rest of the season. 

perron looked great.

hes not the piece but a nice addition and great way to jetison haggle's contract.

we have to remember our entire top line D is out, and coming back soon.

one fowler/despres are back we should look even better.

but the no finishing just sucks. we have to bury these chances.

murray needs to get finishers in there ASAP.

or just start selling and aim for high pick. 

we don't want to finish 9th and get crap pick.

The only thing was that the Kesler line was -2 and I honestly think part of it was Perron not being familiar with that line.  Hard for a dude to join the team and immediately join the shutdown line.

Now, I don't put it on Perron or Kesler for that matter.  Holzer/Bieksa were both terrible last night, giving up easy scoring ops.

I thought it was a well played game against a really tough team. Like I said last night, we could have won. Gibson did not look good on the 1st and 2nd goals (tho the 2nd one burning him was unlucky) a few defensive miscues and we lost. We didn't convert some chances, particularly a couple in the 1st period and the Silfverberg/Rakell cluster**** in the 3rd. The Cogliano goal would have counted if the ref called it a goal on the ice. So that was kind of a bad break. The rule was interpreted correctly tho.

Perron I think profiles better as a top 6 forward then Hagelin just because he's far more skilled on the stick. Hopefully he can get that finishing touch he's displayed in the recent past back here in Anaheim. Silfverberg is a continuing problem on the 2nd line. It will be interesting to see what Bruce does here in the next few games. Like Nate said, he mixed up the lines in the 3rd. It was somewhat effective, but I really don't like Getzlaf away from Perry. That is a set that works.

Speaking of Getzlaf and Perry, they were sort of non factors last night, particularly Perry so that didn't help the cause. Getzlaf's terrible season continues. My friend brought up what I thought was a good point. He plays far to much on the half boards and the perimeter. I don't know if this is related to lingering issues with the hernia (seems unlikely) or his game is just so out of sorts that he's not finding good spots on the ice. We need to hope that he's not a player that's gonna massively decline at age 30. It's worrying but I don't think it's the case. When he plays well he's still dominant. We need more from Getzlaf tho, bottom line. Obviously hopefully we get some more help from Murray sooner then later. With Phoenix and San Jose playing well I think it's tough to consider this home stand a success even with the winning record. We've lost ground, it's a bad opportunity lost.

Obviously it'll be good when Depres and Folwer are back. We should continue to be able to do good job suppressing shots. Depres, unsurprisingly apparently looked pretty rusty in his first conditioning start for the Gulls. So hopefully he can get into NHL form with 3 or 4 more starts for San Diego. The team has pieces that should make for a great group. The defense this year is better then I expected. Just need to start scoring !

Buffalo defeated the Coyotes in regulation tonight. Finally that overachieving team loses a game.

Coyotes have bad possesion numbers.

Coyotes have the 3rd fewest shots for.

Coyotes allow the 12th most shots against

Coyotes have the 3rd worst PK unit in the game at 76.4%

What this says is the Coyotes are getting lucky bounces that go in for goals & nothing is hitting the post or luckily deflected away.

The only thing the Coyotes have is that they are 2nd in Faceoffs % & 13th best Power play unit (2 spots below the ducks).

However going into the season the Coyotes were very largely expect to be dead last in goal production

with a poor depleted roster with only 1 or 2 guys who can score.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

its fair to point out that this year Ducks team is by far the best "corsi" team we've had in years.  We're also playing a lot better defense IMO then we've seen in any of the last 3 years.  So despite those positives, we are not winning games like we sort of got use to.  The last 3 years we've seen teams with very high sh% and some of this years bad luck is a sort of regression to mean.  Our shots this year are converting at a stupidly low rate, so we are due some luck one hopes.  It was a mistake getting rid of Palmeri.  Anyway, it just sort of struck me as funny that the coyotes are doing this to us this year.  They are winning despite themselves, but in some ways they are kind of winning like the Ducks did in the recent past.  Tho, the Ducks the last 3 years I think were legitimately quite a bit better then this years Coyotes.  I think this years Ducks group, even with the scoring woes is a better team in some ways.  Its just not working out.

Edited by UndertheHalo

its fair to point out that this year Ducks team is by far the best "corsi" team we've had in years.  We're also playing a lot better defense IMO then we've seen in any of the last 3 years.  So despite those positives, we are not winning games like we sort of got use to.  The last 3 years we've seen teams with very high sh% and some of this years bad luck is a sort of regression to mean.  Our shots this year are converting at a stupidly low rate, so we are due some luck one hopes.  It was a mistake getting rid of Palmeri.  Anyway, it just sort of struck me as funny that the coyotes are doing this to us this year.  They are winning despite themselves, but in some ways they are kind of winning like the Ducks did in the recent past.  Tho, the Ducks the last 3 years I think were legitimately quite a bit better then this years Coyotes.  I think this years Ducks group, even with the scoring woes is a better team in some ways.  Its just not working out.

True that, plus the Ducks have had a much more stacked roster than the Coyotes have ever had.

In the past 2 games the Coyotes have scored 1 goal, perhaps their luck is starting to run out.

I expect the Ducks will pass both NJ & Philly in goals scored, especially since NJ has a depleted roster that has the fewest shots in the NHL.

I'm all for getting the bad luck out of the way in the regular season as long as we make the playoffs.  I have a feeling we are gonna pull a 2012 Kings this year and squeak into the playoffs only to dominate on the way to the Cup.

Well you better get around to firing BB and making a terribly lopsided trade.

Well you better get around to firing BB and making a terribly lopsided trade.

In Murray I trust.  I mean that dude seems to only make lopsided trades, and the other team just bends over and takes it.  If the Ducks scouting department was on the Angels, we would be #1 in prospects, and making moves that Beane would give a high five over.

I'm actually very impressed murray was able to trade hagelin that fast.

not even half a season in, and he realizes that contract extension was a mistake.

he sucks it up and moves him and gets him off the books.

thats the kind of stuff why he gets nominated for GM of the year so often.

I still think we need a veteran with the playoff attitude to not freak when things go bad.

we tend to fold as soon as we hit some adversity (like being up 3 games to 2 and getting scored on, from then we just implode and its series over).

i wish they had signed justin williams or someone like that.

i don't see anyone on this year with that veteran presence that scotty had to just keep everyone relaxed.

Edited by mrwicked