• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

yea, its risky.  Vatanen is real dynamic player, I mean you watch the Ducks for 5 mins and theres a good chance that Vatanen is the guy that stands out to you.  That said, I believe that he is something of a one dimensional player.  He's smallish and very offensively oriented.  His speed and handling helps him steer out of trouble as a defenseman but I don't think he'll ever be a guy that can be counted on in a shut down situation.  I think that all of Lindholm, Fowler and Theodore have offensive elements in their games that make Vatanen somewhat expendable.  its a tough call to be sure, some days I personally find myself preferring to keep Vatanen to say Lindholm, but I think in a serious analysis the safer bet is keeping Lindholm.  I guess what it boils down to is what Yzerman values in Tampa.  Lets not forget that both Lindholm and Vatanen are RFA at the end of this season.  Nashville and St.Louis are also serious  contenders for him.  Apparently St.Louis is willing to part with Shattenkirk, so we aren't gonna be able to pull this one off without bleeding.

Could be that they wouldn't be interested in either Vatanen or Lindholm due to their RFA status.  No matter how good they are. 

They might be looking more at the farm.  And definitely Ritchie, Gibson, and Theodore are untouchable (yeah I know 2 of  the 3 are up at the big club).  But you still have high quality in guys like Montour and Scarbossa and Noessen.  Even kerdiles and mueller might get some interest. 

With how bad Holzer and Manson are, you are taking a big risk by trading Vatanen. Really banking on Despres coming back strong and no setbacks for Fowler.

One of these things is not like the other. Manson has been pretty steady, but then again he's playing on the same pairing as Lindholm... And we all know how you feel about him.

I'm 100% okay with shipping Fowler, Montour, and a pick for Drouin. STL is apparently offering up a solid package so it would at least take one of Fowler/Vats/Theo to start the package.

WAY too much. Drouin hasn't even cracked a top 6 role in Tampa. His defensive play is weak at best. That being said, he's a perfect fit. Something like Theo + a mid pick or Montour and a better prospect would be good options. You have to remember Montour is second in scoring for rookies in the AHL. He's almost at a point per game.

No way would I trade Theo.  We will need him in the future, not only as a player, but his salary to balance out all our higher salaries.  As a rookie, he's already getting 21 minutes a game.  And it seems like he's getting in at crucial points of the game also. 

Yeah I don't deal Theo either. Unless its for a proven super star. He's young, cheap, and NHL ready right now. Not afraid to shoot the puck either. He's gonna be a goal scorer. I'd be okay with sending out Vats or Cam at this point. I know Montour is absolutely lighting it up in SD. I'm actually heading down there on Saturday to check them out. Can't wait to see what he's made of in person. One name that would be interesting to see in trade talks is Silf. Probably costs a bit too much for TB's taste but damn.. That dude has been such a let down. Some attribute it to the Torres hit in pre season but either way. He looks lost out there. His only value is on the PK/shutdown. Drouin with back to back 100 pt seasons in Halifax is unbelievable. If we can get him without giving up Ritchie and Theo, I'm all for it.

Yeah I don't deal Theo either. Unless its for a proven super star. He's young, cheap, and NHL ready right now. Not afraid to shoot the puck either. He's gonna be a goal scorer. I'd be okay with sending out Vats or Cam at this point. I know Montour is absolutely lighting it up in SD. I'm actually heading down there on Saturday to check them out. Can't wait to see what he's made of in person. One name that would be interesting to see in trade talks is Silf. Probably costs a bit too much for TB's taste but damn.. That dude has been such a let down. Some attribute it to the Torres hit in pre season but either way. He looks lost out there. His only value is on the PK/shutdown. Drouin with back to back 100 pt seasons in Halifax is unbelievable. If we can get him without giving up Ritchie and Theo, I'm all for it.

Why Cam and not Theo? Cam is more proven, getting paid 4 million for the next two years, and is much better defensively. 

Why Cam and not Theo? Cam is more proven, getting paid 4 million for the next two years, and is much better defensively. 

Salary might be the biggest part of it.  Cam is making $4 million vs Theo $863k.  Which also means that Theo doesn't reach RFA for 3 years. 

But if you are giving up Cam, you better be getting something amazing in return.  Regarding Tampa though, they are in a complete salary crunch.  So cams salary will probably be a big deterrent.  Which is why a RFA or Gull is more of a logical choice. 

Good points GB, if u do trade Cam Fowler u have to get a massive return.  He is imo a borderline elite defenseman, and he's very young and still plenty of opportunity for him to continue to develop positively.  For the player he is right now, he's worth more then 4 million.  As you mentioned though, Tampa is in a tough spot financially.  Fowler probably isn't the target for them.  Its kind of funny.  Drouin and Theodore were both drafted in 2013.  Drouin went 4th and i believe we took Theodore in the mid 20's.  We would have made that trade in a heart beat back then.  Now it really gives you pause.  Theodore has developed really nicely.  I still would make the trade in case anyone was interested lol :)  We have depth on D.  Hate to lose Theodore, but we need the scoring winger.  We dont have much depth with high end forwards outside of Ritchie.

Edited by UndertheHalo

in general i definitely agree with that sentiment Nate, but in Drouin's case he's only 20 years old.  He's more of a long term move then an instant offense help this year type player anyway.  Tho I do think he would slot nicely on the wing with Kesler and could help right now.  He's as much a prospect as Theodore, but to be sure a very very good prospect.  As far as whats going on in Tampa, I think thats just a really tough forward group to crack.  For any young player.  He was hurt to start this year.  Apparently he just hasn't been able to fit in over there.  I dont think its necessarily an indictment of the player or his ability.

I know i'd feel a lot better about our forward core going forward with him then with out.  Rakell, Ritchie and Drouin is a pretty nice set of youngsters.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Theo is Fowler with scoring. Skates just as well (maybe a tick below), his instincts are much better compared to when Cam was his age imo. Cam is great, but Theo looks like he'll be better. Early on obviously and things can change but so far so good.

FYI Cam scored 40 points his rookie year. Theo hasn't scored yet. Just food for thought.