• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

I really feel we're short a winger who is a heavy scorer and can play top six minutes and you can make arguments either way as to whether the hole is bigger on the left or the right. At the moment Ritchie is the best fit for LW on the second line but we should be looking to add someone there pretty soon if we want to do better than sneak into the playoffs.

Great game. Vancouver didn't have any solid looks all night (the "good" ones they had were either acute angles that Gibson came out on or was just in solid position to not have to make any crazy saves. Defense did a great job of clearing too as there were damn near no rebound attempts.

Might have been the first non-playoff game I've been to where there wasn't a fight, especially with division foes.

If they had someone else for the top line LW role, Rakell would be a good 2nd line center since Kesler is terrible at point production.

Rakell is the only player that has improved over last season. Everyone else is having a down year pretty much.

I really like Rakell as a top line complement to Perry and Getzlaf, especially if Getzlaf ever gets it going. If we can get a high scorer for the second line, similar to what Teemu gave us back in the day (perhaps not at the same level but you get the point) it would make us so much better.

Yeah, kick Khudobin to the curb.  I never want to see him on the ice again.

Again, makes absolutely no sense to split time between Andersen and Gibson. We're going to ride Andersen all the way unless he truly takes a shit or gets hurt long term. That's like Scioscia bringing up a prospect only to have him rot on the bench and get maybe 1 start a week. 

I'm definitely in favor of Gibson getting the net, like ASAP.  Unfortunately right now is seemingly not his time.  We can send Gibson down safely, Anderson and Khubodin would have to clear waivers, both would almost assuredly be claimed and lost.  I agree with Cory that it doesn't make sense to have Gibson on the NHL roster if he's not getting the majority of the starts.  He can still work on his game in the AHL, he's not that advanced of a goalie yet.  The problem here is just the timing.  Even if Bob has made a decision to trade Anderson, the market just has not developed yet.  Hardly any teams are ready to be in sell mode yet.  The bigger question is what are we gonna do with Ritchie.

Is it me or is Kesler playing faster the year? The points aren't there for him, but he has been all over the ice. I love the heart he plays with. I'd like to see his points start to accumulate as a pay off for his hustle.

GIbson gives this team the best chance to win, IMO. However, I don't see the Ducks moving away from Andersen. He's good, too. He lets in some softies, but he has been probably our best player all season. You just can't throw him to the curb like that. I do suspect he will be traded at some point, though. Gibson is the future. The future should be now.

Remember, Cory is a Khudobin fanboy.  Even though he has only had like two good starts out of 10.

How often does he start though if Freddie or Gibby are on their game? He won't sniff the pipes if either of them are doing well. Gibby is much better off getting full time starts in SD than starting once every 8-10 games up here.

Also, you really don't catch my sarcasm when I tweet "Team Khudobin" do you?

Edited by Cory

I wouldn't overplay the importance of games during the season. This is the NHL. 16 of 30 teams go to the playoffs. 3 of 7 from our division are guaranteed to go.

After the last two seasons does anyone really believe this team would benefit by going in as one of the top seeds? We're better off working through issues and fighting for a place in March/April.

Khudobin is here so that Freddie and Gibson can both play regularly. I don't see why that would/should change. Eventually one gets traded. Until then, There's going to be a Khudobin, a Brez, or someone similar at the NHL level. And they're going to play even if they only preform at an advanced AHL level. As the season goes on, I can see Khudobin playing less and less. Also, in the last month or two, I could see Khudobin at San Diego. But, we're not there yet.