• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

I personally can't understand what they're trying to do. If there's a scheme they're trying to implement its failing miserably. I also think the personnel are not being used in ideal situations. Hagelin, for example is not the type of player that has ever had success playing with Getzlaf. Seemingly the Boudreau era is nearing an end, which is unfortunate. Buck has to stop somewhere tho, what we're seeing now is not acceptable.

You can look at this two ways. The main way I'm looking at it is that when your entire team is playing like shit, no amount of tinkering or juggling is going to change the outcome. We have got zero (or worse) from so many players that nothing any coach could do would milk any results out of it. But then the flipside obviously is when there is underperforming talent, eventually you need to look at the coaching staff. It's awkward position because Boudreau took a team that was inexplicably stinking up the joint and made it one of the best in hockey many years in a row. This team is in 'win now' mode though and we can't stand by and let this year slip without doing something to try to correct the clusterf**k we're watching now. Really I'm at a total loss in terms of knowing what to do, because BB does not deserve to be fired. But for the love of God we need to do something, this shit can't continue.

I think that the defensive scheme is far too passive. They just sit back and let other teams cycle around like its a power play. In terms of the offense there's nothing. Nobody in front of the net, no forecheck, I mean hell they can't even move the puck around cleanly. Even on the power play they look completely lost and out of sync. Obviously you have to look to the players to preform. That's true first and foremost. But as you said, at some point you have to look at coaching and wonder, just what is the plan. At least in recent years it has been clear what type of team the Ducks were trying to be, what they were trying to do. So far this year it's impossible to discern what's going on, and that is concerning. I like Bruce, I think he's a good coach. If he is indeed fired, I hate to see it. But maybe he's taken this team as far as he can and its time for a new voice that will get them to play championship level hockey. What we're seeing now is significant regression. This group needs to win now, Perry and Getzlaf aren't getting any younger.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I think that the defensive scheme is far to passive. They just sit back and let other teams cycle around like its a power play. In terms of the offense there's nothing. Nobody in front of the net, no forecheck, I mean hell they can't even move the puck around cleanly. Even on the power play they look completely lost and out of sync. Obviously you have to look to the players to preform. That's true first and foremost. But as you said, at some point you have to look at coaching and wonder, just what is the plan. At least in recent years it has been clear what type of team the Ducks were trying to be, what they were trying to do. So far this year it's impossible to discern what's going on, and that is concerning. I like Bruce, I think he's a good coach. If he is indeed fired, I hate to see it. But maybe he's taken this team as far as he can and its time for a new voice that will get them to play championship level hockey. What we're seeing now is significant regression. This group needs to win now, Perry and Getzlaf aren't getting any younger.

But is it that we can't see what they're trying to do because any game plan is going to be shambolic when this many players are playing so poorly? I just feel too many individuals are playing too badly for any game plan to come close to working. How do we fix that? F**ked if I know and that's the scariest thing of all.

I think tonight for example, Ryan Getzlaf was skating real hard. But it was just spinning wheels. The system is no good. The players have to be put into a position to succeed. If it's not working for an elite player like Ryan Getzlaf, it's not gonna work for the others. Ryan Kesler is another guy I have trouble questioning the work ethic with. Most of them seem to be trying hard, just to no avail.  I guess even without them forechecking, that can just be a symptom of the lack of cohesion rather then lack of effort. The one guy I will call out is Hagelin, he just looks like Andrew Cogliano but without the engine. Still, to be fair I think he's also not really set up ideally. We'll see what happens. Really hope they can turn this thing around.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just a thought here.  But maybe Bruce only knows how to do a grinding style of play?  Maybe a quick tempo, with high skill players is not up his wheelhouse.  Because the skill of the players is there.  Before the season started, on paper, this looks like an amazing team. 

Hell, most everyone had us reaching the finals if not winning the cup.  

I was at the game last night. It was embarrassing. That is not the Ducks team I know. This Ducks team is not using it's size advantage vs their opponents. They are also not setting up their speed players like Sekac and Hagelin with designed opportunities to get them the puck in space. I don't remember a hard hit being laid on anyone all season. If BB hasn't lost the team, the team sure is doing a good job of looking like it.

It starts with the D men.  They are not getting the puck in the zone and setting up the forecheck.  Instead they are making idiotic passes in the neutral zone and screwing everything.

Nate, It's not just that though. Even when they do get the puck in the zone, it's one shot (if they are lucky) and done. No sustained pressure at all. Getting beat to loose pucks, no one is putting the body to the opponents. Perry was dogging it all game long. I watched him particularly throughout the game from the stands. He refused to go after any pucks. He's camping out on the weak side of the goal, not creating traffic in front. It's as if he doesn't want to be touched all game long. This is a physical game and the Ducks should be playing a physical style of hockey. They are not.

Nate, It's not just that though. Even when they do get the puck in the zone, it's one shot (if they are lucky) and done. No sustained pressure at all. Getting beat to loose pucks, no one is putting the body to the opponents. Perry was dogging it all game long. I watched him particularly throughout the game from the stands. He refused to go after any pucks. He's camping out on the weak side of the goal, not creating traffic in front. It's as if he doesn't want to be touched all game long. This is a physical game and the Ducks should be playing a physical style of hockey. They are not.

im pretty convinced its a scheme thing, they just play super passive.  I know it sound cliche but really, they need to just get back to basics.  Dump the puck into the zone and crash.  Stand in front of the net and fire away.  We need garbage goals.  We have the bodies to do that effectively.  Guys not willing to pay the price can sit.  They'll reveal themselves pretty quickly. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Cam Fowler on Bruce:“He’s been doing this a long time. You guys can say all you want about him but in here we care about him as much as we care about our teammates. He’s a guy that you want to win for. Trust me, there’s no one taking this harder than he is. He’s a guy that wants to win.”

http://www.ocregister.com/ducks/tame-689084-wild-ducks.html