• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

Dammit, how did I miss the gem of the baseball forum's resident troll suggesting Nate for the right wing? And he acts like he's smarter than everyone...

Anyhow, how exciting is today? We've probably all said this a few years in a row now but this is the best I've felt about our Cup chances in so damn long. I'm buzzing for hockey season. I think we finally have adequate scoring depth and the five D-men who aren't Stoner give us a really good group there too (really Stoner isn't THAT bad either). I agree with the sentiment some have shared that plenty will ride on the goaltender scenario and how much we see of Freddie at his start of the 2015 playoffs best and how much we see him at his Blackhawks game five worst. I can't wait to see how it all turns out anyway. Go Ducks!

Projected lineup on NHL.com preview shows 2nd line as Sekac/Rakell/Perry.

Anyone playing with Perry or Getzlaf is going to do just fine but those are solid guys who should see a boost playing next to him.

Offensively Rakell can handle the 2nd line but defensively is another story but having Perry with him & balanced lines means it shouldnt be a problem.

Almost gametime.  I am drunk and have 2 beers+ at the ready.  my preseason conditioning is coming into form.  Now win dammit.

It was originally written by Jason Thirsk, a member of the band who committed suicide and they re-recorded it and put it on the full circle album as a tribute.

So is it a chemistry issue?  Goaltending was fine.  Their goal was a total fluke.  Defense seems good.  A bit slow to start the game.  But they started pinching well.  Some of the offense seemed to click at times, and just wasn't working at other times.  With a few more consistent games, they should explode right?

They don't look that bad considering most (all?) of the lines have changed from last year.

Can somebody give a rundown of the newcomers, or maybe the dofferent shifts? I haven't been able to keep up with the preseason stuff.

PS: I still have a major man crush on Jakob

Ducks didn't play a terrible game tbh. Just couldn't find the back of the net. They had plenty of chances. That Maroon/Stewart/Horcroff line had some amazing shifts in the 1st period. The Getzlaf line was trying to be too fancy. The Kesler line a little too physical? Might not be the word I'm thinking of. Just getting bit a little right now. Aren't getting those breaks.

Also, just a note.  First Gulls game was on 10/10.  They won.  Sold out close to 13,000.  Samulei's attended that game instead of the San Jose game.  Looking at their facebook page.  Over 1000 likes on that game post.  They showed a picture of the Gulls Concession stand for gear during last nights game.  Was about 20 deep, and supposedly like that all game.  

Nice to see the support in SD.