• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Do you think the Angels will trade Wilson for Ethier??

Do you think the Angels will trade Wilson for Ethier??  

59 members have voted

1. 1. It's been reported hardly anywhere but will it happen and if so, when?

I'll believe it when I see it at the major league level.  

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Heaney and I think he's gonna be a solid starter.  At his peak, a #2.  But I think that's 3-4 years from now.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought SLC was using the humidor this year.  I can't find any minor league park factors for this year so I could be off base but I don't think we can use that as an excuse to justify his peripherals.  

It's true that the ball moves less there so his stuff could play up a bit in Anaheim.  

But he gives up a lot of hits.  A lot of hits.  He finds the strike zone too much and it's gonna make for some serious growing pains at the major league level.  I am thinking he's a league average to below type starter for at least the next two years.  Frankly, it's why he's in the minors still and the pattern hasn't changed.  

The Angels will not take away from their major league roster to bring him in right now.  The +/- of doing this right now is at best neutral and probably net negative.  

If the halos can get Ethier for a minor leaguer or two, then I think it could happen.  Otherwise, I just don't see them doing it.  

You might be right, but past experience has shown me that pitchers moving from Salt Lake to Anaheim are going to give up less hits and less homeruns. For the most part the park effects have been greater than the difference in leagues. Of course that could always change, and every pitcher can be effected differently. He's not a flame thrower so I'm generally confident in his abilities.

• 11 months later...