• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Favorite Military Movies

Hunt For Red October was fun.

As for sub war movies, I still haven't seen Das Boot yet, but I hear great things. It's on my to do list.

it probably shows its age today, but its great atmosphere in terms of how hard of work that was.

The battle of the stlantic is one of those kind of forgotten campaigns that was absolutely crucial. Had hitler invested in more u boats instead of surface vessels he very likely could have gotten britain to tap out.

Crimson tide was good, but not as good as red october.

it probably shows its age today, but its great atmosphere in terms of how hard of work that was.

The battle of the stlantic is one of those kind of forgotten campaigns that was absolutely crucial. Had hitler invested in more u boats instead of surface vessels he very likely could have gotten britain to tap out.

Crimson tide was good, but not as good as red october.

"Das Boot" is an excellent film from the German U-boat perspective.  Another good movie involving a U-boat is "The Enemy Below" with Robert Mitchum and Curt Jurgens.  Not as gritty as "Das Boot," but a good movie made during the late 50's.

The Wind and the Lion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=k-beXstzdYo

Teddy Roosevelt grows tired of US citizens being kidnapped by renegade Muslims and their government not doing anything to help, so he sends the Marines to capture their King. If only it was still so easy dealing with Muslim nations...

Edited by NJHalo

Top Gun.

Haha.

Saving Private Ryan

Lone Survivor

"That damn movie where they diffuse bombs in Iraq." (?)

Red October

Thin Red Line

I also enjoyed the Guns of Navarrone.

hurt locker.

Unrealistic as hell in terms of EOD teams basically acring as infantry and jeremy renner going off post at night, but the movie itself was excellent. Lots of suspense, great acting. Awesome movie.

Zero dark thirty was great as well, like that one a lot.

Good Morning Vietnam has aged very well, still funny as hell.

Wicked, if youre in to documentaries, the best bar none (not even close) is "world at war". Its very old and by todays standards shows its age, but there is no more thorough coverage of the war (several episodes on the nazis) out there.

Still waiting for someone to make a real budget movie about korea. Truly the forgotten war.

Heartbreak Ridge is another good movie. Here's one of my favorite quotes from Clint Eastwood. " My name's Gunnery Sergeant Highway and I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and pissed more blood and stomped more ass that all of you numbnuts put together. Now Major Powers has put me in charge of this reconisence platoon."