• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

And in Crazy Train news.

7 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Only because you identified as a girl at the beginning 

It actually only had one question.

"How often do you bring up the gays on online forums?"

Always

Often

Seldom

Never

I selected "Never" and got "You straight mofo"

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

It actually only had one question.

"How often do you bring up the gays on online forums?"

Always

Often

Seldom

Never

I selected "Never" and got "You straight mofo"

I’ll bet it went more like this guy. 

On 5/25/2024 at 1:49 PM, Amazing Larry said:

The western United States is quite vast so air travel is preferred. Also our cities have suburbs that require cars to get to. Train travel isn’t ideal out here which can be proven by lack of ridership. 

Trains are good for medium range trips, like the LA to Vegas run, or even a little shorter, like San Bernardino to DTLA.

Obviously they wont be as effective here as they could be with better overall infrastructure. Unfortunately the suburbs are an unsustainable model (increased traffic, higher housing costs) that we need to move away from and doing so requires investment in alternative types of infrastructure. It's a classic chicken / egg problem where we wont see any real benefit until things are fully built out, but people wont want to invest in something that they wont see an immediate payoff for.

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Trains are good for medium range trips, like the LA to Vegas run, or even a little shorter, like San Bernardino to DTLA.

Obviously they wont be as effective here as they could be with better overall infrastructure. Unfortunately the suburbs are an unsustainable model (increased traffic, higher housing costs) that we need to move away from and doing so requires investment in alternative types of infrastructure. It's a classic chicken / egg problem where we wont see any real benefit until things are fully built out, but people wont want to invest in something that they wont see an immediate payoff for.

LOL ok dude. I’ll enjoy my garden, pool and fireplace and you can fuck off to your apartment. I take a 20 minute toll ride ride with no traffic to my office in Irvine. The suburbs are great and the last thing my family and I want to do is move to some liberal urban shithole. 

20 minutes ago, Amazing Larry said:

LOL ok dude. I’ll enjoy my garden, pool and fireplace and you can fuck off to your apartment. I take a 20 minute toll ride ride with no traffic to my office in Irvine. The suburbs are great and the last thing my family and I want to do is move to some liberal urban shithole. 

No one is going to make you move dude, lol.

1 minute ago, Amazing Larry said:

To say suburbs are “unsustainable” is an ignorant statement. If you were referring to our financial system I would agree with you. 

In a lot of ways our financial system is very much tied in with this. Think of all the ways in which suburban living influences our economic decisions. Decisions like taking on debt, and how the economy is tied in to maintaining housing values.

They are expensive to build and to maintain in terms of infrastructure per person. They also are generating comparatively little tax revenue years later when the bill comes in to replace the original infrastructure. Additionally they force cities to maintain infrastructure for people who arent doing any economic activity there.

They provide housing for relatively few people, and because of that, at least in southern California, they are too expensive to be affordable for the majority of people living and working here. In order to build them we have to build them further and further away from where people work, which increases the amount of cars on the road and the distances people need to travel. They force car ownership which is on average an individuals second largest expense, and which is getting more and more expensive.

Ultimately suburban sprawl has put a cap on how many people can viably live here and still contribute economically. The lack of alternatives is the most significant driver of high housing prices, economic loss from traffic and homelessness.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

4 minutes ago, Amazing Larry said:

You obviously have no clue who pays taxes in this country. 

Generally speaking the middle class pays the bills.

My statement was largely referring to places you pass through but do not stop. You use up resources for that area while your taxes are largely all going to the city you live in or the destination.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Generally speaking the middle class pays the bills.

My statement was largely referring to places you pass through but do not stop. You use up resources for that area while your taxes are largely all going to the city you live in or the destination.

What places are you referring to?

1 minute ago, Amazing Larry said:

What places are you referring to?

Like when traffic on the 5 is dog shit so I drive through Commerce, Downey, Norwalk or wherever. Or if Im going from say La Habra to Placentia or Orange to Fullerton, etc. Any sort of cross town trip. 

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Like when traffic on the 5 is dog shit so I drive through Commerce, Downey, Norwalk or wherever. Or if Im going from say La Habra to Placentia or Orange to Fullerton, etc. Any sort of cross town trip. 

I make sure I don’t have to deal with that shit. That’s the beauty of a free country.