• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

when will you see..

Funny, I was thinking of doing a bad movie thread tomorrow for the lazy Friday peeps and the only thing I can think of for my examples is Melissa McCarthy movies.

She's like Nickleback or Eddie Murphy movies, I don't know anyone that likes them but somebody obviously shows up.

This is the kind of movie two dudes watch together or some mope gets dragged to by his chick who doesn't like her or her movies per se, but is the optimist that thinks they'll get Bridesmaids again.

How many jokes about her weight or where she makes fun of her own weight attempting things physically that robust people shouldn't do for the sake of comedy?

Edit: Seriously not being facetious. I was asked about it by someone and if I can recommend it for some free time via girls movie trip, that would be ideal. The last time we talked about McCarthy was the forced fat jokes she does about herself.

Edited by Brandon

my concern with her is that she is starting to play the same character in every movie - really crass, lots of pratfalls, etc.

would like to see the movie she did with bill murray, hoping that she breaks out of her mold.

There are obviously some fat jokes but that's to be expected and the same thing you saw for comedians like Farley, Galifianakis, etc..  This movie was far more Bridesmaids than Identity Thief (assuming Tammy was like IT based on what I heard) and it wasn't even close.  There were a few parts were they overplayed the crass fat girl bit but again that was in a screener that I want to say was close to 2.5 hours while IMDB is saying the released version is 2 hours.  My girlfriend dragged me to Identity Thief because like Brandon mentioned she hoped it was Bridesmaids part 2 and instead it was just foul mouthed big girl McCarthy overplaying the role.  After that we said we weren't going to pay to see any of her movies and never had interest in seeing Tammy because it looked like the same thing as Identity Thief.  We went to the screener for Spy because it was free and local and quite frankly when I found out who was in it I expected to be disappointed.  We both left agreeing we would gladly pay to see it in theaters and may do that just to see the finished product.