• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

RIP Beau Biden

My last clinical rotation in nursing school was on an oncology unit. I expected it to be a place of depression and despair. While there was certainly some of that, I met some of the most inspiring, courageous and positive people I have ever met. Two stick with me.

One was an RN who had terminal liver cancer. She saw the patch on my sleeve, and she told me that she had graduated from my school. She took half an hour to teach me about a special targeted infusion port that she had, that at the time only three hospitals in the country were using. She told me, "You may go your whole career without seeing another one of these." She was dying, but she took the time to teach me.

The second was a man with brain cancer. He was employed in the AWACS program. He was working on a technical manual for his colleagues at work. "I want to finish this while I still have the mental capacity to do it", he told me. "I want to leave something behind."

It has been more than 20 years since I saw either of them, and I am certain that they both died not long after we met. I still find them inspiring, and I have carried the life lessons that they taught me throughout my career. They saw each day as a gift, and to the end they were giving to others.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan