• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Closed Door Meeting Time?

perhaps.

looks like the 2015 Halos are a sub .500 to .500 team competing in what's turning out to be a fairly weak AL West.

they could turn things around but my take so far is that the Halos just aren't that good except for the fact they have the best player in baseball..........

otherwise, starting pitching weak, offense has been week,  infield defense weak, bullpen has been a strength but spotty......

overall -- a .500 club give or take two games either way.

MEANWHILE -- in more exciting action -- GAME 7s coming up in New York (MSG) and Anaheim (Honda Center).

perhaps.

looks like the 2015 Halos are a sub .500 to .500 team competing in what's turning out to be a fairly weak AL West.

they could turn things around but my take so far is that the Halos just aren't that good except for the fact they have the best player in baseball..........

otherwise, starting pitching weak, offense has been week,  infield defense weak, bullpen has been a strength but spotty......

MEANWHILE -- in more exciting action -- GAME 7s coming up in New York (MSG) and Anaheim (Honda Center).

I disagree. We have serious pieces that are under-performing. 

perhaps.

I disagree that the starting pitching is weak. 3rd best starter's ERA in the AL.

Edited by HeavenlyHalos

perhaps.

wtf?

We have both players who are underperforming and holes that we need to fill. But if the players who are underperforming don't start to perform soon, there'll be no point filling the aforementioned holes because we'll be out of it anyway.

my thoughts exactly.

Lets be honest, it all comes down to pujols. If he wakes up we should be fine (assuming guys like joyce and iannetta just do their career norms). If he doesnt, there really isnt anyone out there who can pick up the slack.

If there is some huge impact bat out there we could get, were gonna have to subtract probably more than we would like to...would it be worth it?

Trout is still young as hell and locked up for a while. If things go according to plan we have our 2016/17 rotation set. If even 3 of the ywoung guys works out (richards, say heaney and newcomb with skaggs, tropeano, sboemaker, santiago etc falling apart), were still in pretty good shape.

It not what i want to see...but being a boring .500 team this year isnt the sorst thing big picture with trout and the young pitching we have. If a bonafide stud is available, sure, you do it. But not for a reddick or some of the other guys named. (Wouldnt be against flipping a non essential guy for a slight upgrade at 2B/LF though).

OK -- let me correct that - starting pitching weak at times and certainly inconsistent.

Weaver has pitched well of late and really can't complain about Shoemaker -- and now Richards is back.

Wilson has pitched better than expected this year but you still never know which Wilson you're going to get out there on any given day.

Santiago's had some decent start but we could do better in the 5 spot.

Bullpen (Street and Smith) have been good but when over-worked leads to a performance like Smith had last night.

Overall -- our best chance is that we're in the AL West which, to me, looks pretty weak.  I look at our line up and this team - and I see .500 ball give or take two games either way.

(We need Trout to pitch, hit, run and field all nine positions.........and he could probably do it........)

Meanwhile - who's your MVP for the series? Kesler or Patrick Kane???  Now there's a couple of winning teams there.

OK -- let me correct that - starting pitching weak at times and certainly inconsistent.

Weaver has pitched well of late and really can't complain about Shoemaker -- and now Richards is back.

Wilson has pitched better than expected this year but you still never know which Wilson you're going to get out there on any given day.

Bullpen (Street and Smith) have been good but when over-worked leads to a performance like Smith had last night.

Overall -- our best chance is that we're in the AL West which, to me, looks pretty weak.  I look at our line up and this team - and I see .500 ball give or take two games either way.

(We need Trout to pitch, hit, run and field all nine positions.........and he could probably do it........)

Meanwhile - who's your MVP for the series? Kesler or Patrick Kane???  Now there's a couple of winning teams there.

I'm convinced you don't actually even follow the games. Not trying to be a jerk here. Santiago has been the team's best pitcher.

Overall -- our best chance is that we're in the AL West which, to me, looks pretty weak. I look at our line up and this team - and I see .500 ball give or take two games either way.

Meanwhile - who's your MVP for the series? Kesler or Patrick Kane??? Now there's a couple of winning teams there.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but how often do you watch this team? Your analysis of players always seem to be way off.

tdawg87 -- I guess we just disagree.......oh well.

I have been distracted by the Cup playoffs which seem a lot more exciting to me than the Angels of late.

Well....no, Santiago has been the team's best pitcher. Are you mistaking him for Shoemaker for some weird reason? You did say you "can't complain about him" even though he has an ERA well north of 5.

I mean, both of their names start with "S", I guess.